Here's one vote for uploaders to stop using Mega

Home Page Forums General Chat Here's one vote for uploaders to stop using Mega

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Morlock
    Participant

I've spent like 2 weeks fighting "no quota," despite barely downloading anything from Mega. I'd prefer nobody used it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Get a VPN and that will solve your problem.

UnboundConsciousness
    Participant

Isn't a Mega sub only like $5 bucks and you get like 2TB+ worth of transfer?

The Arachne
    Participant

if I may ask, What is the size that you are downloading? You claim you barely download from Mega, And the Quota is based upon size, So If you download one thing that is around 2 gigs, You are going to hit your quota with just one download.

UnboundConsciousness
    Participant

I don't know why you'd spend weeks fighting it. Just buy the pro lite plan for like $5-6 and enjoy zero download cap.

Morlock
    Participant

I basically can't download anything from Mega anymore. Why pay when Google Drive is free? They bumped me up to like 150gb capacity, too. What's so great about Mega to make me want to pay?

Morlock
    Participant

Oh, and I have a VPN, connects through a different proxy every time, but for whatever reason, that "trick" doesn't work for me.

Tucker
    Participant

Maybe cookies, history, or something like that? Try cleaning up that, try a private browsing window, a different browser, or different computer/device.

Errilhl
    Participant

Or just spend the $5, put the account into jDownloader, and stop griping. Mega is definitely a very nice platform, you can put stuff into your account directly (instead of downloading, if you aren't in front of your regular machine), you can run things like jDownloader, and so on, create drop-boxes for others to put stuff in... What's NOT to like about Mega?

I mean, complaining that your free access gets limited is really a non-issue.

UpUp
    Participant

Of all the file-lockers out there Mega is easily on of the best and convenient, if not the best. I doubt you'll find very many here who'd support moving away from them.
    If you have trouble downloading files I'd suggest using Chrome, other browsers tend to have buffer overrun problems with Mega's p2p system.

ShadowDemonLord
    Participant

No issue with mega here. I am of the free plan - get 50gb of storage and can download around 5gb every 5 hours. If I hit the cap I swap vpn connection and can download again. I get rocksteady connection speeds. And even if I do not wish to use the vpn trick I can just load it up and walk away. When the sin bin timer runs out it auto resumes the download. What is there not to like.

I have no issue with Google Drive but is no where near as convenient/reliable or fast to access/download for me. Your mileage may vary.

SDL.

eelgoo

I have never had any problem with Mega.

TBH I find it the best I have ever used.

Using Firefox browser.

🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I don't know what is wrong with people, Mega is convenient and simple to use, not to mention it's free! The MegaSync app is brilliant and increases the download cap if you use it. Sure download caps aren't great but they have to have an incentive for their tiered customers and the download speed isn't affected between tiers.

Some people complain about Mediafire, then some people complain about Mega but both download at a decent clip and con't cost you anything! Unless you pay for premium.

Personally the only file hosts that I have issues with are those that limit the speed and number of downloads, urging you to upgrade to their "premium" tier, like Rapidgator and it's ilk.

La_Pucelle
    Participant

Mega is fast and I've never had a problem. I like it.

globalrecession2009
    Participant

Call me stupid because i dont know any better but what are these download caps you talk about?

For me i download files from some sites that only have mega links and sometimes i will spend all day downloading stuff and have never had any issues?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like