guide me in here

Home Page Forums General Chat guide me in here

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    helious
    Participant

hello i have a question.. what will happening if we use this assets in our game or animations and publish them in itech,io steam or youtube?..for sure this is illegal but what will happening to our game if they can not never get us?or what if we pay for assets later when we get money from game/animation ?

Abad
    Participant

If you use it on YouTube, nothing happens, since there are no profits. Everything that is a final result in 2D... BUT if you use it in a video game, as a 3D model... YES! that you can commit crime.
    https://www.daz3d.com/eula

Ethiopia
    Participant

However, there's no way for anyone to know that you DIDN'T buy the asset. Let your conscience be your guide.

helious
    Participant

thanks for reply.. its have different in a 3d or 2d?..if i making a 3d animation and put it in YouTube its still is legally but when i earn money from YouTube so its will be crime and my channel will ban?

helious
    Participant

thanks for reply..its good if they never can know because reallusion content is so expensive

Ethiopia
    Participant

If you manage to convert any Reallusion architecture to the Daz format, I might be interested in it.
    Thanks!

helious
    Participant

sure i will do if you want but DAZ have that much assets i think no one ever need assets from other software 😂😂😂

Frank21
    Participant

Cam we change the title of this thread please. Sounds like a line from a dirty joke😜 .

Krazee
    Participant

Butt wipe dirty jokes!!!
    Spell check on that...
    But we like dirty jokes!!!
    Don't we????!!!

Frank21
    Participant

Well I do anyway 🙂. It's stupid but it's my thing....

Heetee
    Participant

About the usage of stolen asset on Steam:

The creator of the asset can ask you to provide a proof of purchase. Yes the Daz store has a lot of assets but they are also pretty well known and easily recognizable. Buying the asset after the fact (when you get the money) won't help you in any way unless the creator of the 3d asset is willing to accept that kind of settlement. If he's not willing to settle, he can take legal actions against you.

Concerning Steam, if you do that kind of stuff (or any other illegal activity) and get caught, they will ban your personal accounts along with your dev account on steamwork.

Also, by using stolen assets, you are forfeiting the possibility to partner with a publisher. During the greenlight process, lawyers get involved, ownership of assets are made and if they see you are using a bunch of stolen stuff, they will blacklist you forever and probably will tell all their other publishers friends as this is a small industry and everyone knows everyone.

Food for thought

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like