(griping)

Home Page Forums General Chat (griping)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

@Ethiopia I totally agree with u there is a real lack of good content that comes out from the different stores , I don't know when the last time a product came out that made me say to myself I need that ! , no instead 99% of the stuff is more or less the same as other stuff that is already on the market. they are ruining this hobby for me. 🙁 (I'm thinking of quitting)

@Eelgoo
    yeah Rosity needs to spend more time on Daz stuff instead of trying to resurrect Poser .

eelgoo

Yes, we are certainly going through a doldrums period with content.

Daz needs to stop eking out cheap content and focus on quality rather than nickel & diming people with glittery cheaply made tat.

There are quality vendors operating still, but they are being swamped with a tidal wave of 'me too!' style vendors.

In short a LEGACY COMPATIBLE Genesis 9 is badly needed, or they will be moving on to Exodus! 😉

:0/

Amber
    Participant

Well, Rendo's Poser push understandable... if you invested in a pig, what would you do? Sell chicken? Nope, you'd push pig milk. Or bacon or whatever :p

eelgoo

Yes, but being vegan is very fashionable! 😉

Charley
    Participant

@eelgoo That's my gripe too. I get it that some people are reluctant to post an item publicly for obvious reasons, but why not allow other people to share it, then?

If someone requests that an item is not publicly shared, I respect their wishes and do not post it. However, it doesn't seem particularly in keeping with the rules when they neglect to post it themselves.

Cage
    Participant

I think 2 weeks is a better time frame to make a blog post than 1.
    Personally, giving the artists time to make sales are just as big a reason as letting the heat die.
    The members filling so many requests are already spending a good amount of time in doing that. Blog posting involves a good amount of time too, if doing volume.
    Much love to everybody taking the time.

eelgoo

Valid input there. It is worth considering. 🙂

Frank21
    Participant

While we're going through the content doldrums I might be a good time to enter the latest art competition and show what you can do with what you have.
    The art comps here are very poorly patronised considering the number of member we have. Sometimes I get the feeling that people are collecting content just for the sake of having it.

Dimer
    Participant

It probably is true that there are a select few who contribute a major share, but I feel like the reasons for caring about that are far less important than other things. It gets dangerously close to comparing e-peens at that point.

@Amber
    You're probably right. I get frustrated at the folks that make a ton of requests but never seem to contribute.

There's been times I've fulfilled a request and then didn't get around to posting it to the blog for quite a while. But I'm not going to whine if somebody else gets to it first

Frank21
    Participant

While we're grip'n there's also the people who join and then send out a shit-ton of friendship requests to garner points. I look at their history and if they're not regular contributors, not with upping the latest stuff but contributing in the way of participating in discussions or art competitions or the general site vibe, then I say fuck off. It's not an elitist anti-newbie thing and I've transferred thousands of points to new members to start them off, but it's pretty easy to tell who is suited to be amongst us.
    Personally I'm not in a position to buy and contribute anything from Daz. Haven't had any income for the last 18 months, but I do convert and contribute stuff to Free Recourses, and some older stuff to the general sharing blog.
    Like in a lot of things I've seen in the past on similar sites that have gone down the drain, it isn't so much what people do or don't do, but a general bad attitude of and between longstanding members that develops. Let's no go down that path.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

@Amber You’re probably right. I get frustrated at the folks that make a ton of requests but never seem to contribute.

Yes I see this also like that. Makes me angry and sad in the same time. But fortunately are there some "goody's" who are sharing as it was meant to be..

I yammer on then
    And what is the meaning of this "(LOTS OF POINTS)" I think that's pretty annoying to always read that first in the beginning of a sentence and it is also fully irrelevant. You put 1000 points or something or nothing.

Heavy Stuff in this thread.

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

I don't see a problem with not posting a product to the main blog it should be up to the purchaser of said product , and if you really want something offer points for it in the request thread , I'm sure if someone has it they will be willing to share it for a small amount of points.

Legolas18
    Participant

My opinion on the matter is:

1. You can't reasonably force someone who shared an item privately to post it on the blog. If anyone would be forced into that, they could either permanently move or permanently decide not share anything anymore.
    2. You can't expect people that received an item privately to post it against the wishes of the sharer. The consequences for that can be easily understood by anyone.
    3. 1 Week for sharing an item after a private share, as stated in the rules, is way too short of a time-frame IMO. My guess is that someone wouldn't mind seeing "their" item on the blog as much after a considerably longer time, such as 1 month (a. to give PAs time to make some earning and not destroy his/her business, and b. so that the private sharer would mind less).

eelgoo

No one is forcing anyone to do anything.
    Rules are not enforceable as such, just best practice.
    Whatever is done, however it is done, pleases some & upsets others.
    That's life!
    All we can do is work with a consensus compromise.

AnjaBear

(LOTS OF POINTS) and (TONS OF POINTS)

As moderator of the REQUESTS thread, I put those there for a very simple reason...

(LOTS OF POINTS) = One full page of point offers, around or beyond 10K Points.
    (TONS OF POINTS) = 4-5+ pages of point offers exceeding 30K or more.

I have been doing this for a VERY VERY LONG TIME and have seen that those things with "(LOTS OF POINTS) on the start of the post, get many more people involved and they get FILLED quite fast.

I only put (TONS OF POINTS) when we have had things like MEGA Bundles where a minimum of 2000 Points has been set by the requestor and one page brings the totals up to 30K or more.

The only MEGA BUNDLE to this date that has NOT BEEN FILLED (is a shocking FEMALE BUNDLE).

The community has deemed the last FEMALE BUNDLE to be overpriced and no one wants to buy and share it.

Otherwise, my methodology has worked out great for all of us.

I find that the people who complain the most about this system don't even participate in the Requests - only bitch and gripe.

That annoys me to no end.

I spend at least 8 hours a day if not more in and out of ZoneGFX trying to keep things clean and running smoothly, and I do it entirely VOLUNTARILY, no one pays me to do this and aside from offering and sharing things, I'm no different from any other user here, except that I am a Moderator.

Everything that Monk and I do, is to keep this site clean and alive. If you have problems with that, feel free to go to another site and scream at them.

AnjaBear

@Monkseye
    @Hunter @eelgoo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like