Friendship Requests

Home Page Forums General Chat Friendship Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Frank21
    Participant

I hope those who have tried to become "friends" with me aren't upset that I haven't always accepted their requests. I only accept them if they are from relatively active members on the board and at least up some products free or paid and/or occasionally participate in chats or with the Art Showcase. How do other members handle their requests for friendship?
    I'm not sure of the etiquette and rejecting requests seems a bit like "fuck off" so I just leave them pending so as not to piss-off anyone.
    Edit: Just got one now from someone who has only ever DL and sent out friend requests... so that's another pending.... sorry.
    Rejection-

Eve Adams
    Participant

I always accept them, it just feels rude not to.

Frank21
    Participant

I was afraid of that Eve. I still don't know what the whole friendship thing is about. To me it seems like some Grade 4 BFF groupie thing.

stachelzelle
    Participant

yeah, i don't see any harm in accepting them. there's no downside, so why to be picky ... we don't really know each other here anyway and i see no reason in making others feel unwelcome.

Frank21
    Participant

So it looks like I was being mean, perhaps even a tad judgmental. So I'll be gratuitous for the sake of it from now on..... no skin off my nose.

stachelzelle
    Participant

relax, it's completely up to each one how to handle that, so don't blame yourself. this entire friendship stuff is just a little gimmick anyway ... 😉

Legolas18
    Participant

If someone I don't know asks me to be friends, I just refuse. That's because I am just mean. Sorry not sorry 🤣🤣

Ethiopia
    Participant

I'm with @frank22 on this. 'Friends' on a pirate forum seems a little kid-like. I refuse almost all of them as I know most people are doing it just to get points. My only friends are the half dozen I interact with and a few regulars. This is one part of the forum we could do without.

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

I don't mind - it doesn't do much of anything, and it's not like someone is going to scarf up a zillion points by doing it.

To each their own - no judgement from here. 🙂

ducksick
    Participant

staff could introduce an additional option to add »enemies« if that is more to the liking of some. XD
    i believe »friends« is a misnomer taken from visage livre, maybe contacts would be more accurate. then again, a large part of life has been taking place online for a few decades, so online friendships are not a completely outrageous or unlikely thing.

eelgoo

That is not the kind of thing condusive to the good of the site.

ADAM
    Participant

One of my friends met his current RL wife playing WoW.
    I use to keep track of friends because I would send them content at no charge.
    Now that my participation has slackened I dont keep up with it.
    I use to not accept them to keep my friends section less cluttered but now it makes little difference other than getting a small point boost.
    If things go back to where the community is more about the community then it will matter more to me and Ill clean out some of them.

Krazee
    Participant

I have two pending. but ever since someone stole some private info off Instagram and then took over my Facebook profile I've been leery of accepting any friends request.

Larry
    Participant

The use of this forum is not too much for making friends, asking for an asset name, an asset request, participate show art. Hi, please and thank you, bye is enough.

2 Friends: One who asked me if I had certain assets and another with whom I never talked...

@ducksick
    Online life in 2000 it was nice, now it's a poop.

queensknight
    Participant

Lately I've been seeing friend requests that look a lot more like the work of bots than human beings--a day-old account with 200+ friends, subscribed to every group, and an activity log that shows it basically just went through the entire membership list (gained by scraping the forums and posts, probably) and sent out friend requests to everyone it could find.

Presumably it's some sort of script people are running to game the points system, maybe hoping to do so from dozens of bot accounts that farm the points and transfer them to a single account. Doesn't seem worth the trouble on a small scale, but maybe with bot aggregation it's worth something to somebody *shrug*.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like