DForce is awesome... Studio has a breath of new life

Home Page Forums Art Showcase DForce is awesome... Studio has a breath of new life

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

So, I just realized that Studio 4.10 Pro was out, and low and behold, finally there is simulated draping, and it's pretty quick. Just thought i would share how great it is. It's simple to figure out too. Nothing complex, though it does bug out every-once and a while, so save save...

And pretty much any object can be draped, there are plenty of tutorial videos out there that will get you going.

Here's a simple primitive plane object draped as a sheet.

jason david
    Participant

looks fine to me this must be awesome new thing for daz as cloth used to be some problem well hope this isn't the end for those who model clothes

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Well that's pretty rad. Going to have to look into this. Anyone seen anything with regards to capes. Like for instance, could this be used to simulate shoulder draped capes similar to how Batman's cape is often depicted?

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

Why would it be the end of those who model clothes?

jason david
    Participant

I was thinking if you could turn any material into cloth then like in Blender you can use the character's mesh as cloth so you won't need to get clothes assets anymore just a thought

jason david
    Participant

here at about 01:33 you can see the Blender wonder to turn character mesh into cloth

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

So I just installed 4.10, where does one find the Dforce tab/tools?

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Nevermind, I found it. 🙂

Now for hours of tinkering!

3Danimenut
    Participant

ya think that's cool, try using the D-force on one of the G8 models, I found out something pretty interesting that way by accident.

https://s1.postimg.cc/1vhxyyvfsv/D-_Force_Test.jpg

I'm having Flash backs of the T-1000, make it stop.

Ethiopia
    Participant

DForce won't replace the skills needed to make clothes. It will allow clothing to drape realistically, perhaps negating the need to create morphs for clothing items. As a fan of long flowing robes, capes and long skirts and veils, this is a Cow send to me. Poser's dynamic tools where always a bear to use, being terribly unstable, and VWD was a clown show in my experience.

Kenji T
    Participant

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I don't think I would have even known this existed otherwise.
    Time to start playing with drapery!

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

that's awesome lol! @ethiopia

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

Something to know when doing simulations on characters with hair and high poly meshes, ... add the hair after the simulation.

I've noticed it's like 3 or 4 times quicker when poly counts are down, and if you can sacrifice a little poly count here and there, decimate! I did a few simulations and was boggled by how fast it suddenly was, when i realized i hadn't added the hair yet.

Just thought i would pass that on
    15 Seconds to simulate skirt draping against G3 and Chair

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

1 Minute 38 Seconds (all i did was add hair object to G3)

As you can see results were the same, just took almost 7 times longer.

I am using ASUS STRIX 970, i7-4790K @ 4.00GHZ, 16MB Ram
    DAZ Studio on Solid State, Library on spinning disk

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

of course, it's not always 'Awesome' ... still a bit buggy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like