Home Page › Forums › General Chat › DAZ Studio 2026 is alsmost here!
- This topic has 32 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by
Felicia.
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 20, 2026 at 7:16 PM #2175341
with the latest update for DAZ Studio 2026 (Public Beta), it has a new icon and an actual splash screen render and not just a blank splash screen where the render would be!
expect Genesis 10 and/or DAZ Studio 2026 to be announced in like a month so so! (DAZ tends to release new major versions in July and have the new Genesis figure release in July and the other in December for the non-unified figures)
May 20, 2026 at 7:59 PM #2175344I've been trying out the DS2026 Public Beta and it's pretty sweet, albeit without really being able to do anything more than compose and render. And since I only wanted it to test out the filatoon shader and filament rendering (which is glorious), I don't mind so much. I'm looking forward to the official release.
May 21, 2026 at 5:00 AM #2175362I doubt it will be G10, probably G9.1 using OmniSkin.
May 21, 2026 at 7:44 AM #2175367I can only hope for 9.1 because Genesis 10 would basically mean starting from scratch again after the rough middle phase of Genesis 9. I like G9, but honestly it barely received any substantial official updates. I only managed to make it decent thanks to a bunch of JCMs and third party morph products.
May 21, 2026 at 8:59 AM #2175372my current daz version is 4.24 , is this the latest ?
May 21, 2026 at 10:42 AM #21753784.24.0.4 Beta is the latest
4.24.0.3 is the latest general release.Has DS 2026 gone to the subscription model?
I hope whatever they 'upgrade' the woeful G9 to that it will at least have separate male & female bases! :0/
May 21, 2026 at 1:10 PM #2175386May 21, 2026 at 3:50 PM #2175400That is OK. I am quite happy with the G8 generation.
If / when G10 lands & it turns out to be androgenous, I'll not be adopting that either. 🙂
May 21, 2026 at 4:20 PM #2175407I think DAZ got bitten a bit too hard with its first AI product (the stupid subscription model generative picture thing), and when you add their uber-dumb attempt at NFTs, I think they got real shy about doing anything more for now.
I do foresee them buying that AI pose generator thing, though, and maybe AI-enable the FaceGen or Face Transfer plugins, but I don't foresee them overhauling DS itself for it.
May 21, 2026 at 7:55 PM #2175428Kind of a dumb question but what is the "Beta version"? i see it in the DIM and I would think that it is not the final version. Is it the one i should be using?
May 21, 2026 at 8:38 PM #2175429I find 4.24.0.4 to be stable, but if you have doubts go for the Public Release earlier version.
May 21, 2026 at 9:11 PM #2175431FYI The steps to a software release typically include pre-alpha, alpha testing, beta testing, release candidate, and finally, the stable release. Beta versions don't necessarily have all/many of features and capabilities intended for the stable release. For instance, you might find scripts and plugins don't work, using certain features might crash the app, and so forth. It's rough version put out for users to bug test.
May 21, 2026 at 10:38 PM #2175435Thanks. That is kinda what i thought. I mean beta testing is early version but you also see "public build" which also makes me confused. But i am not a real artist and just use it for fun and to relax.
May 22, 2026 at 10:35 AM #2175493I didn't see an answer to my question, has DS 2026 gone to the subscription model? :0/
May 22, 2026 at 12:41 PM #2175504I do foresee them buying that AI pose generator thing, though, and maybe AI-enable the FaceGen or Face Transfer plugins
There's a lot of potential liability in facegen. I don't think they'll accept that risk since they're extremely risk adverse. Plus, facegen sucks. Until it can actually deform the mesh and not just paint a face on the base model, it's functionality is mostly a fail imo.
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.






