Daz AI Studio

Home Page Forums General Chat Daz AI Studio

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Frank21
    Participant

You and I might do stories with DS GOF but I'd say 95% of DS users do single one-off renders, and at least 50% of that remaining 5% are just head/shoulder portraits. So for the vast majority the inability of AI to maintain continuity between renders doesn't really matter.

With this in mind, the inability to specify a Daz character with AI Studio beyond man/woman/girl makes purchasing new content hard to justify. Why buy new characters/morphs when AI Studio only produces a generic Daz figure?

Ethiopia
    Participant

I just watched this video...

It seems like even non-Daz users are laughing.
    Way to go Daz assholes!

eelgoo

They really seem to lurch from disaster to disaster.

I think the start of that trend was G9 launch.

Some may say it started a lot earlier than that! 😉

scoobydude51
    Participant

It went to shit around 2017 when Tafi took over DAZ (which originally was a spinoff company called Morph3D that failed to jump into the gaming scene via Unity assets that were just copies of Genesis 2 figures, clothing, textures and morphs)

Ethiopia
    Participant

@scoobydude51, That's interesting. I've always wondered exactly what was/is Tafi's relationship with Daz. What did Tafi do before that, was it part of something else?

scoobydude51
    Participant

@ethiopia i really don't remember, but all i know it's just DAZ splitting off, creating a "sister company" that later became their "parent company".

a ton of shady Venture Capital stuff happens on the Tafi side.

Ethiopia
    Participant

So as I suspected, it's just a shill company to make money.

scoobydude51
    Participant

@ethiopia Yup. Tafi is in full control of DAZ and are currently destroying them with their terrible leadership and incompetence.

This AI stuff pretty much killed any good future of the company and software. It’s gotten to the point where even their own PAs have been getting banned from the forums just for posting their concerns about DAZ AI Studio.

eelgoo

The mods there have always been draconian acolytes. :0/

Ethiopia
    Participant

This morning I saw a fun post over at Weird-n-creepy-Otica. They're now calling Daz/Tafi, "Laffy Tafi".
    I think it fits. I wish I had Haseltine's personal email or address so that when the stupid company goes under I could laugh in his face and say,
    "I told you so!"

Felicia
    Participant

@eelgoo "draconian acolytes" 😀

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

@frank22 - Totally agreed. One-offs (either for cutesie BS images by cat-moms or lame spank material by teenaged boys) seems to be the norm, so it may be a little while before I see what I want out of AI 🙂

@scoobydude51
    - funny you should mention Genesis 2; G2F and its assets are still an astoundingly popular source figure for VirtuaMate avatars and icons. This likely explains why DAZ sells so much of the stuff (VAM isn't quite my cuppa, but F95 has so much of the stuff that I have to filter it out.)

As for Tafi, I believe (strongly) that Tafi is to DAZ what Smith Micro was to Poser- almost exactly.

This is the part where DS goes into a holding pattern with minimal updates until it's nearly dead, at which time it will either be bought by a surviving hobbyist org with enough FU money, or it'll go into a digital graveyard a'la Corel and its stable of dead products.

Ethiopia
    Participant

What?!....Corel is dead?!

Frank21
    Participant

Rebranded to Alludo but the progs still survive.

scoobydude51
    Participant

@pooper

Tafi = DAZ3D/DAZ Studio
    Bondware = Renderosity/Poser

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like