COVID-19 - I'm Back at ZoneGFX - was out for 3+ Weeks.

Home Page Forums General Chat COVID-19 - I'm Back at ZoneGFX - was out for 3+ Weeks.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    John Lund
    Participant

Glad to hear you came through, but, very, very scary to hear nontheless.

I hope to avoid it for as long time as possible. I bought N95 masks some time ago and I am pretty much the only one using mask in my country (Sweden)...

Anyway, great to hear you made it!!!

Spanky
    Participant

Oh damn Anja!

Are you now immune to it? Is it that how covi19 works?
    And good to hear, youre back 🙂
    Take a look in the custom content, I released a cute Onesie 🙂 (my first release *HYPE* )

AnjaBear

@spankyboy you don't become immune to it, you have had it, it could potentially be still dormant inside you, or you could be a passive carrier once you have had it. All that stuff is still very unknown as far as I know. They don't have a true vaccine for this, and they still have no clue how I contracted it, if I didn't get it from my son back in March, and I did everything they told me to do as I was his caregiver at home. I disinfected EVERYTHING all the time.

And no I did not inject my son with BLEACH... or myself.

So it's possible my other two boys could end up with this if it is possible to travel thru the air, or just from a hug from either myself or my son to them. So we all do not touch anymore (and that is so damned hard - cause I adore my family and we are Portuguese and very very huggy-kissy. Try getting either Spanish/Portuguese/Italian parents from hugging and kissing their kids... it's really difficult.

Congratulations on your new item.

Stay safe my friend.
    Anja

AnjaBear

@chonakz At least you are believing in Herd-Mentality - and you will all get infected and wipe out your country either all at once, or you will just maybe weed out the old, informed and stupid people in your country. Worst case scenario you could follow the guidelines of the US President - Inject your citizens with Bleach or Disinfectant or ingest fish tank cleaner (Hydroxychloroquine) and die within hours of ingesting it.

I think it is good you are actually wearing a mask, but no one seems to be socially distancing themselves in Sweden from the reports I see. Here, Berlin is mostly "dead" all the clubs are closed still, and bars have outdoor tables with distance spacing setup. All servers in the restaurants which are open, must wear masks and gloves.

And tables are spaced 2 meters apart.

I miss going swimming with my kids, and that won't happen again for at least more than another year I think. We will see.

Life for all of us will never be the same again. Except for those Republicans and Right Wingers in the USA, they seem to not really care until it's too late. I am waiting for the top politicians who are killing Americans by doing nothing all get their Karma. Several in the past days who supported the Administration allowing thousands of deaths each day, have got Covid and died within a few days, one recently was photographed at the Tulsa Oklahoma Trump Rally, with everyone around him without Masks -- I assume the guy actually signed Trumps waiver stating he won't hold the Campaign or Trump responsible for their Covid-19 death as a result of no masks and no social distancing. I just hope that the top people involved in this - ALL get COVID-19 and go through what I just went thru... but seeing how Boris Johnson, of the UK went thru Covid-19 and he is still acting like an irresponsible ass towards his people, that shocks me. I hope your politicians in Sweden take action. Or the rest of Europe will have to ban travel to and from Sweden like we did for the USA, Brazil and Russia.

Stay safe John Lund.

Hugs
    AnjaBear

Spanky
    Participant

Nah I mean, are you now immune because you had covid19? Is a person immune to it for the future after he got it?

Mod: didn't I make that clear, they have no clue medically. I stated I could be a passive carrier or even an active carrier and I could go through a 2nd round of Covid-19 in the fall when it goes thru the 2nd Pandemic pass, if it comes.

Anja

Ethiopia
    Participant

Up here in Canada we're all hunkering down and desperately keeping the borders closed with crazy-land down south. Everyone wears masks and is quite mature about it...mostly. The Quebecers tend to ignore basic safety, but we've got them walled off too.
    E.
    Canada

ulysses
    Participant

Read last week that a 2nd wave is happening in the US and most of Europe. Summer brings out the teens and 20-somethings to party and hang out at the beaches. @chonakz, how's the herd immunity thing going in Sweden? It must be around 50% by now. I thought that 50 - 60% was the magic range where herd immunity was developed. We can't even get our schools open where I am. But we can go to all the stores and stand in line with ½ the shoppers not wearing masks, or wearing them incorrectly.

jrnkmail
    Participant

@anjabear I certainly wouldn't mind the sticky. Who knows how many would use it, but it's definitely a thorough and clear way to post requests which is why I have a template of it on my desktop 😛

John Lund
    Participant

@ulysses @anjabear

The health authorities in Sweden believes that 40% in Stockholm has some kind of immunity, split evenly between anti bodies and t-cells, half that for the rest of the country.

The peculiar thing is that the number of cases has gone down very significantly since the peak in middle to end of June (see https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/).

How can that coincide with a huge peak in the USA starting in the end of June and continuing to increase to end of July see https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/)?

* In the news they say that everything from 70% to 90% of Americans are using face masks. In Sweden? It's under 0.1% and most of them are probably Asian guest students.

* In many states in US bars, barbershops etc are closed. In Sweden nothing is closed down.

* It's summer in US and it's summer in Sweden.

How the f*** can US have a peak and Sweden the opposite?

I have a theory and it is ... (drum roll) ... AIR CONDITION!!!

In the US 85-90% of all households have air condition (that's including Alaska and all northern states). In Sweden it's probably less than 0.1% of all households.

in the US, especially the southern states, all or many bars, shops etc have air condition. It's pretty much zero in Sweden. We live after all just south of the north pole.

Everyone knows that the flu comes in the autumn and disappears in the spring. But why? Because of the temperature? No, it's because 1) people tend to be indoors, 2) the air is dry indoors because of heating.

It's exactly what is happening now in the south and Midwest US: 1) people tend to be indoors because of the heat, 2) Indoor = air condition, 3) the air is dry because of air condition.

In Sweden people are outdoor, windows are open, no air condition = no dry air.

If this theory is true it would be fairly easy in the US to slow down spread and at the same time open up = ban all gatherings in air condition, make sure windows are open etc.

It also means...Sweden is going to experience a mammoth peak when the autumn comes and people resort to indoors with heating and dry air.

My 5 cents!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like