COVID-19 - I'm Back at ZoneGFX - was out for 3+ Weeks.

Home Page Forums General Chat COVID-19 - I'm Back at ZoneGFX - was out for 3+ Weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    polly
    Participant

Glad to see you back happy you’re well and safe.

πŸ™‚

Corbeau
    Participant

Hi, Anja ! Glad to see you reporting for duty. I hope this virus is now history for you and your relatives.

pete
    Participant

Am glad you and your boy made it though ok, and we hope you suffer no after effects from it. Welcome back

Sara1985
    Participant

Happy to have you back Anja! Take it slow until full recovery πŸ™‚

Perlin
    Participant

I'm glad you came back healthy Anjabear.Get enough rest and stay healthy

coolcat
    Participant

Happy to hear you and your son are safe and are doing better your health must come first before this place πŸ™‚ best wish's - coolcat

Kendra Denimore
    Participant

OMG! I'm glad you're back and hopefully doing ok... This place nearly went to hell while you were gone! We suffered a serious case of Moralism and Responsibility while you were away, luckily we were able to nip it's buds (castration is wonderful at times like that) and now things are moving more like normal again. Stay safe and hope you and your family stay healthy also. *gives you a big virtual hug, because it's the safest kind of hug right now!*

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

Health comes first - take it easy [and your family]

πŸ™‚

ulysses
    Participant

Welcome back AB. If you're willing to share what it was like to have this blight, I'd love to read about it. It seems each experience is different.

LicoriceLover
    Participant

I noticed it yesterday, that there are no post from you in the past weeks. Now I know why. Glad to have you back.

Take care of yourself and stay safe.

lucyhale
    Participant

You are our celebrity in here.Welcome back!!

Hugs 🥰🥰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course we noticed, really glad you're feeling better πŸ™‚

AnjaBear

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and the concern.

I think I mentioned in a post back in March that my middle son, Axel was hit with Covid-19 along with 4 of his football teammates, others were quarantined as well, as it somehow rampaged through their football team and their families. back in March he was put under observation and had to be registered with the Gesundheitsamt (German Health Care system), and anyone surrounding them gets added to a registry, that included me, and my boyfriend and my two other sons. Then things got bad for Axel, and it went to full blown Covid-19, and he ended up in the ICU with two of his teammates of the 4. One boy was lucky and it was only a scare. I was a wreck as Axel was fighting for his life and they had him on a ventilator, and machines to keep him breathing. Other than my worries of losing my baby forever, I worried for him because his entire life dream is to play football professionally one day, and he has been doing so brilliantly at it, that teams were giving him offers to take him on, when this happened. The doctors told me that afterwards he may lose his lung capacity and that he wouldn't be able to run and breathe while playing, or that his body will have resulting problems due to oxygenation of the bloodstream etc. He's been working out on his own, and he does still have an oxygen breathing machine he can put on his face over his nose and mouth to help him breathe if he needs it, but he hasn't had many problems in the past month or so, so he is on the mend.

Three weeks ago, suddenly I couldn't breathe, and I had fans on my desk blowing air into my face so I could get air, I had windows open to get fresh air in from outside, and then things started to get weird, I began coughing uncontrollably and then had a fever and difficulty breathing, my youngest saw something was wrong and called the emergency doctors and they came and immediately took me to a hospital where they were handling potential Covid-19 cases, they were certain it was Covid-19, and since I am diabetic and am handicapped, I have a compromised immune system, and although I am only 40 years old, they were worried due to the diabetes that my organs might shut down, but they did not. At some point they put me into a controlled coma, and they had me on breathing machines and I came out of it, with lots of pain in my lungs/chest and my body had some issues like mobility, and circulation issues (I got dizzy a lot), my sons and my boyfriend were not allowed near me, so I was literally alone with only doctors and others in plastic surrounded areas. It felt like something out of some Outbreak Movie. I was lucky that one of the doctors and nurses there had attended Axel months before. I was so grateful to them, they kept my boy alive. I got their private information when I was released, so I could send them something as thanks for their service and help to my family in particular.

After this ordeal, I was released to go home, and was given a caregiver for another week, who is still taking care of me every day, 2x a day by coming by, and it looks so odd having someone at your door dressed in those medical clothing which have a full face helmet and plastic visors and looking like an Ebola Doctor.

But before I got home, the health department sent a team of folks into our home and disinfected everything. And checked my boys and my boyfriend for any symptoms, and they luckily cleared. And Axel is still not having any recurrence of the Covid-19 virus. So far.

I'm very grateful for our Health Care system, without it my sons would not have a mother and I would have lost Axel in the first run.

So, I ordered some of the most awesome masks for the Doctor and Nurse (and their colleagues) and had them delivered to them at the Hospital, and they called and thanked me for them, they even send me photos of the entire group wearing them.

I urge everyone to support these heroes who are my angels...

Coming home I checked the numbers online of those dead of Covid-19 worldwide and saw that the USA is heading toward 200,000 probably by October or sooner. That is terrifying - and Brazil in such a short time is almost getting to the 100,000 dead mark. I can only assume that everyone is ignoring distancing and mask wearing and washing hands and disinfecting things.

I discovered that laws have been put in place to ban countries with high Covid-19 rates from traveling into Europe, and I'm glad of that. No one should go through what my son and I went through... and those who have died... no way.

Everyone please stay safe.

I'm resting a bit, but today I logged into all 52 of my MEGA accounts and am starting to fill up a new one with all the new stuff I have bought or gotten with my little friends group here. They were busy buying stuff while I was in the hospital.

I will be posting some wish items in the Requests forum, and hope that we can get things rolling again.

I was thinking - as some folks told me they use my templates to request and fulfill things, would you be interested in me making a sticky with those templates and the reasons for those existing at the top of the Requests area?

Virtual Hugs to everyone, I really am grateful that people are so positive and caring here. Stay safe everyone, and look forward to interacting with you all again.

Hugs from Berlin,
    AnjaBear & family.

Kre@tionz
    Participant

Stay safe and blessed.

Daishi
    Participant

Anja, I'm glad you're doing well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like