Corn

Home Page Forums Art Showcase Corn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

https://postimg.cc/image/x9fifvnhp/

My third try at a render on Daz. I know the bear and undies could use a dirt shell but couldn't figure it out to where I liked the look.

Any ideas on how to improve my lighting or other stuff is welcome. Thanks

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I like the limited colour palette and I think the panties and teddy stand out well, contrasting with the surrounding and in turn bring the figure with them.

The issue's that jump out to me are the two floating stalks of corn in the foreground and the weird blur effect, like a bokeh filter but really small shapes in the blur. It's only really noticeable when you maximise the image to fill your screen, but that's what I do. Also the aspect ratio is a bit "different", I'm assuming it's a square but you've got a lot of vertical lines in the image so it just looks "odd", at least to me. I would suggest keeping to a landscape or portrait aspect as it will frame the image better. Square compositions are usually used when the framing becomes part of the composition, such as focusing on detail rather than a whole.

In all I like the scene but you have to tell your audience where the focus is and not just rely on them to think like you. At the moment your teddy has all the focus being at the exact centre of your image and being a striking colour. The panties also being the same colour pull your focus back onto the figure in shadow but there are very few features to pick out and no cues to look at the face. A simple fix might be to have the figure looking out of frame to the side and the light pick up part of her face, still mostly in shadow but it should be enough detail to make the visual trip worth it for the viewer. I hope that helps.

ADAM
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to have the camera set to focus on the face and still have some clarity surrounding. The clouds to look awful. I wanted to tone down the pink with a dirt filter but eventually gave up. Ill try again when I mess around some more with shells. It only squared to reduce the corn. I did have a large field but the wide view didnt feel it felt real enough.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

As I said I like the picture but the composition lets it down, all the focus is on the teddy but there is more to focus on in the image so without a clear direction to the audience your eye just gets hung up on little details which don't really matter. I recommend you have a look into composition and the tricks people can use to steer the eyes of the viewers to the focal points you put into your work. "The Golden Ratio" is a good starting place but hardly the end. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like