Character Creator 3.2 - Headshot Plug-in Results

Home Page Forums General Chat Character Creator 3.2 - Headshot Plug-in Results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ShadowHawk
    Participant

the picture
    The Picture

The Headshot creation (On auto mode - Click and go)

Not too shabby.

Frank21
    Participant

Only the eyebrows look acceptable. The mouth, nose and eyes are entirely different.
    I look at all these supposed likeness over at the DAZ forums and can only think they must be tripping.... or at least very wishful thinking. Forking out money for programs that just-don't-work.

Frank21
    Participant

double p

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can somewhere here please share a link to the plugin for me, stand alone plugin, not the one in a bundle with character creator 3.2.. The file is huge, 7gig.. And i run Character creator 3.4 currently, but i am dying to get the headshot plugin

andrea
    Participant

It stills a large file, 1.2 GB ...
    Headshot_Plug-In_1.0.1118.1_Repack .rar
    Note: Avast AV will tag this file as infected by something like "MdeClass". After further research, I have installed it after disabling Avast for some minutes.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

@frank22 If you are looking for perfection without any work, You need an AI system. For automated, this is not too shabby. There is a pro section as well that allows you to tweak things to get it even closer, although I have not worked with it yet.

ulysses
    Participant

ShadowHawk wrote: For automated, this is not too shabby

They should at least by able to get the eye color closer than changing green/hazel to blue. That doesn't seem to be too much of a hurdle. However, this gets close enough to tweek and easier than morphing from scratch, so it's a win IMO.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

@ulysses I agree about the eyes. There are only 5 colors in the automated. But, once done, it is very easy to change the eye color to be close to the same. I'm playing with the pro settings now.

ADAM
    Participant

I would like to see another base picture transfer to compare how much work the program is doing. Is ut just cut and paste or is it actually trying to conform the mesh.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@andrea I believe in angels, because folks like you are always out there to help folks you know nothing about, except the fact that they are in need... I am indeed grateful.. Tanx, i deeply appreciate

Sara1985
    Participant

you really want to use the pro option, the result is entirly different. the auto option is more for background characters, with nearly no change in face structure. The pro results are far better, than facegen or face transfer.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

@littlepleasures I think you are mistaken in your assessment. Is it perfect? No. No system is going to be 100% perfect. Not even if you sculpt it yourself.
    However, with the tools available in CC3, you can get damn close.
    First it has an overlay function so you can match exactly.
    Second, it has 1000+ Morphs available to tweak the model to match.

What is there is a quick and dirty automated process. As far as how good it is, I did 2 others of famous people, and they were recognized immediately for who they were by the group I tested them with.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

Headshot’s Auto mode, intended for generating “mid-res crowd [characters]”, generates both the head mesh and 3D hair, both with 1,024 x 1,024px texture maps.

The output is designed to be used as is, but since Character Creator supports GoZ, the meshes can also be refined manually in ZBrush.

The Pro mode, intended for characters that will be seen in close-up, generates only the head mesh with 4,096 x 4,096px textures. Hair can be added separately from Character Creator’s library.

Map types generated include normal, AO, roughness, metallic, SSS and micro normal, making output compatible with the new Digital Human Shader in Character Creator 3.2.

The Pro mode also provides extra toolsets when refining the head model manually, including the option to display the source photo on a reference plane behind the asset.

There are also tools for reprojecting textures onto the model, to fix any alignment issues; and for masking out problem parts of the source image, such as facial hair.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

Here is a screen shot of a Pro example...

Pro Shot

Sara1985
    Participant

A quick comparisation, with no edits to the pro version (which you would normally do...)

comparisation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like