A gentle reminder.

Home Page Forums General Chat A gentle reminder.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Tomsk
    Participant

Hey guys.

I have noticed recently that some of our members seem to be a little uncomfortable with one or two of our other members.
    (I will not name names!).

Responses to to some of these members threads are slowly, but noticeably, becoming less tolerant.
    I would like to take this opporutunity to remind members that we do not always know the other person's personal situation, and that sometimes they themselves may not realise they may be the cause of others concern.

The following is taken from our FAQ: (Rules and Guidelines)

While we strive to promote a user friendly community for all of our members, we respectfully ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.

Regarding our members:
    – Please respect other members and do not abuse or harass them.

Regarding our forums:
    – Please do not spam any of the forums with repeated posts.

The matters at hand are being dealt with and we ask for your patience and understanding.

On behalf of your admin team, Tomsk.

Monk

Well spoken Tomsk, I hope it helps!

M 😎 nk

LocoLolo
    Participant

Yikes. I'm guilty. I apologize to @Arthur. I meant no disrespect implying you are a drunkard.
    Sometimes my humor is out of line. @Arthur and I do way back since I was on the psych ward and he was in the hospital for his head injuries. I do my best not to cuss, curse or be vulgar. I will admit I consider myself quite masculine and have always had a thing for Oriental women; whether they be real or virtual. I mean that with the utmost respect. If you are a feminine or effeminate I'm hope you will not take my passionate weakness as a threat directed towards you as personal.
    To all the Asian/Oriental persons I truly don't mean any dishonor. For I am also part Asian.
    If I've offended anyone else, I do apologize. Thank you @Tomsk and @Monk.
    I will do my best to keep my virtual world separate from my non-virtual one.

I must apologize to any one I offended regarding digital piracy. I apologize to @Ethiopia and @Eelgoo regarding that thread you posted earlier. It was indeed a good read and I admit I take it rather personal when someone sharing files is considered a thief or a pirate. For in my lifetime I have been both. Neither of those labels I am proud of. But as a lover and respecter of Art I tend to be touchy when I see people calling or implying that file sharing is not right. I can make a case that not only is it NOT a wrong but it is a right. You can choose to share or not. The Artist will always understand and move on. But the actual persons profiting off that Artist and their Art will always feel insecure and threatened by the Artist's fan(atic)s. I was exploited for my skills when I had other talents. When I lost my usefulness, I was kicked to the curb and left for dead. Sadly, many of my exploiters were related to each other in one way or another. I would find this out as I exercised my Sworn Duty to Protect The Constitution from all enemies; foreign AND domestic. I was beaten up, sexually assaulted and locked in a psych ward. Surely not the way I had planned to retiring. So I do tend to make light of "mental disorders" and "mental defects" without regard of fallout or offense. I not only no longer in denial them but I wear mine as if they are the Medal of Honor and The Navy Cross that I believe I deserved for my Courage and Impeccable Military Service in time of war.
    So please find it in your hearts to forgive me for my callous and immature commentary. Thank you.
    I will do my best to refrain from letting my past interfere with my future. At least not on this platform.

Feymarcher
    Participant

Yeah, but how come nothing is being done to help said members curb their behavior that causes these increasingly agitated responses from other members?

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm legitimately curious.

Because as it is right now, it makes it seem like the members who constantly spam shit up are getting away scott free, and people keep enabling these behaviors to continue by posting the stuff they demand anyways.

Believe me, I love ZGFX and the community. I really do. But I won't lie: certain behaviors from certain members is becoming a huge turn-off, and probably a sign that I need to step away from here for a couple months or something until things cool down.

Herecles
    Participant

You gotta laugh at the idiocracy of some members here. And i quote:"but how come nothing is being done to help said members curb their behavior that causes these increasingly agitated responses from other members? "

This kind of comment gets me increasingly agitated and i end up responding because of it. So....who is the real culprit in theses scenario's?.

Is it me or is it you...well, you gotta face the facts smart ass, in this scenario it is both of us. Should we both be banned because we dont like what each other say?, you gotta be joking right?. You probably dont even realise you said anything wrong.

Bot101
    Participant

Thank you for your gentle reminder @Tomsk. As always you are always a genuine gentleman.

@Loco
    you do not owe me any apology for what you said. I'm always your friend - no matter what schmack comes out of your mouth. Get it off your chest. You have my back so you've got my forgiveness. But let me apologize to YOU and to this great community as well. There will never be an Oriental Character that will hold a candle to my Best Half (my wife). Alas, she represents all real and virtual Oriental Women in the highest level. I'm considered a male chauvinist pig. I'll answer that En Francais, "Oui! Oui! Oui!" I'm obsessed with virtual Asian models even more than I am towards actual Asian Ladies. I thought it was Par for the course to dramatize my requests in like manner to the actual descriptions by the artists. I also tend to make light of some of the threads and requests as if my cheekiness is in any way humorous.
    If I am the culprit and/or if I am offending any one @Tomsk let me know and I will leave this community if requested. I am undeserving and unworthy to be here.
    Thank you for all the files and wisdom you have shared.

ADAM
    Participant

I'm sure most people can look at one page and see half of it taken up with one persons posts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to have common sense.

When a members request goes from the top of a page to the bottom 2nd page in one day because of one member posting 7 requests with no points offers then its time to put some rules in place.

I have no need to call names because it should be pretty obvious. I haven't been here long but, it only took me a few days to fall in line. I expect the same respect from others.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@Tomsk @Monkseye, you're both pretty chill and ordinarily good moderators but I do think that sometimes you need to be a little more proactive in your moderation. I certainly would want to be pulled up if I was doing something to upset people and I would want others treated the same. There are a number of individuals on here who I tolerate because they may not know any better and I don't think mean any harm but then there are the few that are just toxic people who I don't think have anything productive or positive to say. Just look 3 posts above for an example...

Tomsk
    Participant

@locololo No need to apologize, it sounds as though you've had quite a journey!

@notenoughrupees
    Thanks for your concern. I'm sure you can appreciate that these sort of things may take a little time to be resolved, and that any communications happens behind the scenes via PM. I can assure you that this is the case here, and we are looking into a positive resolution. We ask for your patience in this matter.

@hawkeye
    I do think you have a point in that one response often leads to another, we only have our own self control to rely upon in these instances:)
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc

@arthurgarcia Don't be so silly hehe! You're always welcome here!

@d0gg0d
    Thanks for being level headed. We do not expect members to 'fall in line', nor should we. We would like common sense to become the norm and bear in mind that we all like to be treated how we treat others. It's that simple. This issue is being addressed.

@evilmonkey
    Thank you, you're not wrong either hehe. I am naturally diplomatic and chill, or so I'm told. Please rest assured that this is being dealt with privately via PM. When things need to get tougher, we ask Hunter to step in as he has the Veto lol.

ADAM
    Participant

Thanks @Tomsk. Maybe a more PC way of saying it is,"get with the program".

Tomsk
    Participant

@d0gg0d RESISTANCE IS USELESS!

Vega Soleil
    Participant

What if say someone has no common sense... What if say they have some kind of disability that prevents them from having common sense. If they don't understand or grasp the subtle art of sarcasm at all... What if you just googled them for a second... and move on thinking ok... it annoys me but it probably is a helpful outlet for them to have a site like this where they can play around with 3D models 🙂

We are not caregivers obviously but we should maybe care and then care a little less and move along. Also, funny no one here saying they are offensive have ever offended me 😛

To prevent the spam and if maybe they could update one post that they call say their wishlist? if it is possible for them to grasp that? Not sure it is but may be worth a try to clean up the forum post volume in that regard.

Tough cookie situation. But sometimes I think that when you think someone can't REALLY be THIS obnoxious, they maybe aren't what we think...

Much love! Don't anyone go leave because of a little bit of annoyance 🙂 So many worse places out there!

Tomsk
    Participant

@vegaso Very well said 🙂

ADAM
    Participant

If a person has a mental disability then they probably cant grasp Daz3d. If they can grasp Daz3d then they should have enough brain power to develop common sense.

Ive come across some people that were challenged and they knew playing in traffic wasnt a good thing.

My experience says people with little common sense are either very young and/or do not care what effect their actions have.

The older I get the more I see the lack of common sense in society and the acceptance of it.

LocoLolo
    Participant

Thank you @Tomsk for your words of wisdom. I find offense by the remarks regarding mental illness and disability. I didn't choose to be disabled nor to be sexually assaulted by the perv inbred ilk that hospitalized me. Any further comment of what I'd love to call out would only get me kicked off this site for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like