3. Results and Critique Thread for What Inspired You Contest.

Home Page Forums Art Competition 3. Results and Critique Thread for What Inspired You Contest.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

I think, this probably really should have been an open ended topic since it really didn't have typical contest guidelines and such.

What inspired us, how many actually posted what really inspired them, other than rob? You're that guy @robf4g210 jk Honestly. What inspired me, vs. what i like now are so completely different, and probably the same response for other long time 3D hobby and professional artists.

In the beginning, I just felt power, maybe a little god like, being able to pose the characters however i wanted. Back in the days of original poser, it was a pretty powerful feeling, and then rendering it (of course now, if you could see what we saw as really cool, so realistic (The lawnmower man lol), any teen with a nice smartphone could probably download an app and recreate it in 5 seconds).
    I just posted a one of my favorite go to characters, with a different pose and outfit, i really couldn't capture what i wanted too, and the inspiration i felt, in a render, 20 years later. And the quantity of blown hard drives, and data lost over time, i honestly couldn't post something worthy of the request.

i really liked everyone's entries and really I just wish i had my first renders, to share as real inspiration/feeling i felt. Or if we are being honest, trying to recreate jennifer anniston from friends in old 3d app... hahahahahahah. i know, she a bit old now.

as for T&A, well, i could care less, if i really want to see nudes, i'll go to prnhub. But if i'm voting, same as @d0gg0d, it makes no difference to me, if the render is forking good, then the render is forking good and it gets my vote, T&A or not. 2 of my favorite renders here tell a story, their character nicely rendered and they stuck out the most when i think about voting.

my favorite render, i can feel the story, imagine everything that led up to that moment, and speculate what's happening next
    One Way Ticket @den15s
    and this, which is a female šŸ˜‰ the quality is top notch, lighting just right, expression is not generic, and fitting to the portrait, as with most of miarka's artwork
    The Seductress and the Lie @miarka

bah... all i'm saying is T&A has it's place when it the story needs it, but if it feels like b movie skin flick, then yeah, in a contest, that's bad, i pass

Mark Sinister
    Participant

@EdnaCloud
    Yeah story idea is what keeps you from taking a portrait. I have tons of renders on my PC of Genesis females that I rendered in Iray that looks great, but I quickly notice that's what everybody who use this program do. Just look at Renderosity.... 99% of the items sold are women stuff.

I decided to start doing only PG-13 content because it's just way to easy to create por.. uh oh I mean artistic nudity in this app. If I'm going to use nudity I have to have a reason why she\he is nude, not just standing there or sitting there unless I'm showing a character painting or drawing or Sculpting a nude figure. Even then she\he will most likely be drape in cloth or something.

Nicolas Neumann
    Participant

@Dragon The ā€œI want it darkā€ excuse isnā€™t going to fly.

Good thing I don't owe you anything. I don't need to excuse my work to you. You don't like it? Piss off.

"If you canā€™t see it or you have to strain your eyes to see it, then its no good."

Get better eyes. I can see what I need to see just fine.

Dragon
    Participant

@tommytomahawk ,me being a professional artist, I didn't want to lie to you and give you feely goods. I want you to succeed and excel with your art. I want EVERYone to succeed. I apologize for giving you advice on how to be better. My bad.

I see a LOT of art everywhere getting high praise that doesn't deserve it. That just encourages those artists to keep doing what they're doing and think they are good, and not get better. Granted, most that give praise aren't pros and don't know any better.
    I've had dark pieces myself and other pro artists have told me about it. So I've worked on that to improve my lighting skills.

I have a friend thats a pro artist that can't draw humans to save their life. But people rave about those pieces because they are awesome at drawing/painting Dragons, and admirers/fans, are afraid to tell them their humans are really, really bad.

I know I don't want people blowing smoke up MY butt. But I'm extremely and most often times OVERLY, critical of my own work anyway. I say my work sucks all the time. Maybe thats because I want to continue to strive to be better.

But I digress, I'm going to go piss off now. My bladder is full and I have more coffee to drink. šŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like