Windowz 1709 crack breaker.

Home Page Forums General Chat Windowz 1709 crack breaker.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    dennydroid
    Participant

Just a headz up to those who may be bashing their skulls against the wall with Windowz 1709. It's not the best place to discuss cracked apps I know but bear (Or bare) with me.

Just found out lately that the last Windowz update is denying permission to folders with certain cracked 3D softwarez regardless of having an admin account or not.
    So I went back to the previous Windowz build out of curiosity and they worked without a hitch.

Herecles
    Participant

More fool you and all others that move away from a working OS (W7).
    Looks like Linux the place to be in the next few years if Microsoft continue policing for others.

Phibes
    Participant

That's troubling news to say the least... 'glad I'm still on Win 7 Pro.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I searched for what you're describing and is this what you're talking about? https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/23/fyi_windows_10_ransomware_protection/

Otherwise can you point me towards some information?

dennydroid
    Participant

@Herecles

Windowz 7 will soon cease to be supported and probably dumped in just over 12 months. What then? I'm all for the move away from M$ but there is still a lot of progs that aren't properly supported in Linux.

@EvilMonkey

These are just a few examples of the codes I copied from the log

Critical 2018-01-01 05:20:16 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)
    Error 2018-01-01 05:42:12 PM DeviceSetupManager 131 None
    Error 2018-01-01 05:21:17 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None
    Warning 2018-01-01 05:20:44 PM DeviceSetupManager 201 None

The list ran into 100's of MB's of log files.

In Windowz 10 build 1709 it appears the OS is denying progs (even in admin mode)
    the permissions it needs to write files across programs. In the logs it was throwing up 0x0xxx codes and other 1xxx codes which after searching suggested the OS had become corrupted. This happened with 3 fresh installs of Windowz 10 1709.
    So I went back to the previous build and all was good.

Sorry I didn't bookmark the links to the forums I obtained the information but many were complaining about these errors and a corrupted OS after a fresh install. See mainly M$ forums. Many were seeing access denied warnings and locked folders in their OS, regardless of the permissions set.

This suggests Defender in build 1709 although supposedly deactivated by a paid for AV suite is still running in the background and controlling what you install to a point. This is the OS controlling the user and not the other way round by the look of it and it's unnerving.

Herecles
    Participant

Microsoft:
    "This feature protects your files from tampering, in real-time, by locking folders so that ransomware and other unauthorized apps can’t access them. It’s like putting your crown jewels in a safe whose key only you hold,".

So...in layman's terms what they really mean when they say: "It’s like putting your crown jewels in a safe whose key only you hold," i think it's safe to interpret that as: We got you by the balls now, if you dont like it you can always use anothe OS. The Key you hold is the choice you make.

There must be a hack to get round this, hopefully someone will release one.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@dennydroid, it's certainly unnerving but nothing really new. Microsoft has always tried to control what the user does and what it's OS can do to beyond the point I'm even comfortable with. And permission issues with windows is certainly not new if you've ever had to sort yours or your family's pc's especially on a network. I've always got the option of win7 or Linux (if I have to) to migrate to but win10, even with it's issues is pretty good to me.

Can you tell me which programs in particular you were getting the errors for? When I was searching for instances you described I noted on the webroot forum there were lots of people complaining of locked folders because the update was treating webroot as malware and locking permissions. This is what it sounds like you're encountering as well but for cracked exe's? Which it shouldn't be able to tell if it's modified unless those companies are submitting their exe's to MS as comparison samples when they roll out an update.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@hawkeye, if you were able to get around ransom-ware protection easily, then it wouldn't really be much use as protection.

My niece's company got infected with ransom-ware about 2 months ago and she didn't go into work for 2 days whilst they formatted all their machines and restored their data from offsite backups. It's pretty serious stuff.

Herecles
    Participant

"My niece’s company got infected with ransom-ware about 2 months ago"

Obviously didn't do them any good, so whats the point in having it?.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@Hawkeye, did I say they had protection? No, I said they got "infected", the point of having protection is so your systems don't get infected.

Herecles
    Participant

"the point of having protection is so your systems don’t get infected".
    Had to laugh out loud at that one.

Well...given the choice between not being able to control my PC because of ransomware or not being able to control my PC because of 'iCrosoft' i think i will take my chances with the ransomware.
    Which by the way i've had twice in the last 12 years and managed to get back full control of my PC with no loss of data, on my own with a little research.

silverboaX
    Participant

I run a lot of stuff, it all works fine under w10. I call bullshit.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Use an old laptop or desktop running Linux for your web stuff and keep your 'good' computer (running Win 7) offline. My graphics computer never ever goes online and I've disabled all of the extra shitware and unnecessary services. It boots in seconds and runs like a champ. Even if you continue to use Win 7 online, it's not going to stop working just because Microshit doesn't support it. Use a good antivirus and be careful what you do....good advice for any system.

dennydroid
    Participant

@EvilMonkey

The latest update is denying quite a few progs permission to write to folders even in admin mode. This is force-ware for people who don't give a damn what sites they visit and what they download. BTW I haven't had a virus or malware in over 10 years because I'm cautious and know how to control what goes into the machine. If you leave your front door open you're bound to be burgled.........

@silverboaX

This is an adult debate kid. If you have nothing of value to add then I suggest you keep doing what M$ tell you to do.

Now go and render some naked ladies and leave the grown ups to deal with this.
    there's a good little boy.

silverboaX
    Participant

@dennydroid - sick burn bro. I'm old enough we didn't have computers when I was in school, maybe I just learned to use one properly instead of spending my time conspiracy theorising about big bi'ness.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like