The more products and morphs you got, the slower DAZ becomes

Home Page Forums General Chat The more products and morphs you got, the slower DAZ becomes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    GAMI SETA
    Participant

I am getting really fed up with this program. Each day i might download an asset to try a render and i ve noticed that after 500 assets the scenes take from 3 to 5 minutes to load. And i am not talking about heavy load scenes. And dforce? better leave that pc open for 15 minutes and go make some coffee

Will they, or will they not fix this circus of a program? Or just migrate to iclone and call it a day?

I am also fed up with various scripts that should be in the program from the start but arent, its like daz says dont worry about this mess, someone will make a product to fix it.

Legolas18
    Participant

It's not about assets, but about morphs.

DAZ loads ALL compatible morphs when you load a Genesis character (Males and Females are independent of each other). That's why you should install characters in multiple DAZ Libraries.

Will they, or will they not fix this circus of a program? Or just migrate to iclone and call it a day?

There is no real $$$ incentive to "Fix" daz studio. The only incentive is to make tons of content and sell it. Once in a while you get a new program feature, but only to allow for more products to go with it.

As for iClone, there is no real reason to use it, really. It only offers avery little content, and most of it is old, and pretty bad. So, unless you are into "animation for games" it's pretty much useless on its own.

GAMI SETA
    Participant

what about poser, does it face the same problems?

Abad
    Participant

@kinkygr , The most sensible thing is to "separate" the "content" folders. I don't use cloths, morphs, etc, except if I'm interested. I have on the system hard drive "my Daz 3d Library", an ssd, only with "G8 essentials (male and female), and the 8.1 versions." and Scripts folder.: No characters, no environments, no props... Clean.
    If I install something, I modify the path from the DIM, although I have 3 or 4 different paths..., or I modify the dsx from "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Install Manager\ManifestFiles".
    Besides, I have 4 versions of D|S, and the one I use the most is 4.10. 4.20 takes longer to load the simplest... As I never render with Iray (just to see its appearance, without worrying about lights or such nonsense, which I'll do with the appropriate engine in Maya or C4D...), that which, as you say, is wasting time.
    If I want a hair or dress banality, I already tell it to load the path from "preferences"... and export.

stachelzelle
    Participant

what about poser, does it face the same problems?

no, poser don't load morphs automatically so you don't have this problem. but you have other problems, because you can't really use G3 & G8 in poser.

Larry
    Participant

It's nothing 5 mins I'm at 13 with G8...
    And I'm not even talking about the hourglass cursor every time I click on something...

G3 POWAAAA

Even with a pc that can handle a bit of work:
    5900x
    Crosshair impact
    SSd Gen4 7gb/s
    64gb ram

The time was almost identical on my old 4790k
    When there are too many assets everything gets rotten which is not the case with g3, I load in less than 3 min even with the ton of morphs converted from v4/g1/g2/g8/g8.1

The only interest for me is to convert G8 assets to g3 without using transfer utilities
    shoe

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have more than 10k assets on 2,16 tera (compressed as fuck) 😡

Amber
    Participant

I have close to 3000 assets installed, it takes about 10 minutes to load a G8 figure. 🙂

They really messed up 4.20, it's true it's slower in a lot of ways. And if they haven't fixed the decade-old bugs so far, they never will. They'll just keep kicking the puppy down the stairs until NFTs pay off or something.

Ethiopia
    Participant

@amberkat,

until NFTs pay off or something

Have you been watching where that whole mess is going? It's become nothing but a scamfest with most transactions being fake or stolen. I feel that Taffi bought Daz3D just to get at it's figure assets and get on the NFT train. When the thing collapses (can't be long now) they'll abandon Daz and blame everybody else. Daz will be left bankrupt and have to close while Rendo and all those stuffy Poser users will laugh themselves silly. I'll be laughing too but at least we'll all have each other as we become the only Daz site still operating.

...gotta stop smoking that stuff so early in the morning...

Twister174
    Participant

@amberkat,

10 minutes to load a character? I think it's way too much, no? For me it takes 2 minutes (and I think it's already too slow) to load a character and I have almost 2.5K assets on DIM.

@Legolas18

Can you explain to me how to install characters in different libraries, and if this really makes a good difference regarding loading time?

One more thing, folks. There's a way to reduce the time needed to start a render? Sometimes I click to start rendering and it takes 2 minutes to start the rendering process.

Legolas18
    Participant

@twister174 Basically the idea is to "load" only morphs that you are going to use for a certain project (and with "morphs I mean "character" morphs, or at least, it's how I do it) So, yes, it works, but it takes a bit of preparation to do so.

Start with DIM and go to:

1. Advanced Settings > Installation. At the bottom you will see "Label". Just press the + sign to add a new daz library [add as many you need]. "Label" refers on how you want to call it (I typically use the vendor name) and also choose the pathway (where you placed it in your PC) [just create an empty folder somewhere you wish to install this content]. Press Accept.

2. Install content [again, using DIM] in the usual way. However, now, under "Content Path Shortcuts" you can press it and get a drop down menu with all your "content directories" so that content gets installed wherever you want!

3. TO ADD A DIRECTORY: In DAZ studio, go to the "Content Library" Tab, and right click on "DAZ Studio Formats" (it's the first entry) and choose "Add a Base Directory". You have to restart DAZ to make sure the morphs will load.

TO REMOVE A DIRECTORY: as above, but you right click on a directory instead and choose "Remove Base Directory". (Do this to avoid loading certain morphs, but the content is still installed on the computer, just not accessible temporarily by DAZ Studio).

gts6
    Participant

theres actually a script from riversoftart that is supposed to help this issue (it only loads the morphs you specify for a character and keeps your settings for next time you reload it).

I cannot think of the name of it right now (and i havent tried it yet although i have it, so i cant vouch for how well it works), but im heading out the door, but im sure someone else will remmember the name by the time i return later. If not, Ill look for it, and if its not on ZG already ill Upload it

Niala
    Participant

theres actually a script from riversoftart that is supposed to help this issue (it only loads the morphs you specify for a character and keeps your settings for next time you reload it).

It is turboloader https://www.daz3d.com/turbo-loader-for-genesis-8-and-81

Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1

Actually, it scans all your chars and creates a char/morph list. Then you can select which set of morphs you want to keep and the other are renamed so that DS will ignore them. It works very well indeed and I use it frequently. There was before a set of freebies that did something similar, but their use was not as flexible.

Glassman
    Participant

Has anyone tried the script at https://github.com/TheNoobDucky/Daz-Package-Manager ? It seems to be doing more or less what @Legolas18 suggests (I haven't tried it or Turbo Loader yet).

Frank21
    Participant

I just tested loading a G8F and...

2022-06-25 09:17:32.841 File loaded in 0 min 27.8 sec.

G8M was-
    2022-06-25 09:30:01.917 File loaded in 0 min 6.4 sec.

I've got about 140 G8F characters installed which I think is a lot less than some people have.

Amber
    Participant

I uncovered a lot of wacky behavior with TurboLoader, I brought it to River's attention and tried to work through some of it, he was basically mystified at half of it, the rest was more or less "oh well".

I was tempted to tell him I've inspected his source code and give him some clues what to fix, but then that would really poop in the pool, so to speak.

0/10, would delete again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like