Suggestions for new posting rules

Home Page Forums ZoneGFX Announcements Suggestions for new posting rules

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

Lots of good ideas - but especially the KISS principle, to avoid putting posters off because it is to much effort.

It would be nice if files could be restricted to Mega - lots of issues with odd Russian or other sites [especially MediaFire] with slow speeds [sub 50k] drop-out when almost finished the download [love wasting bandwidth on three or more attempts to get an item - esp. when under 5Mb in size].

If someone is uploading a Daz item - why the hell do they insist on messing around with it. They already have the item in a perfectly good DIM zip file, yet they want to change the name / drop the IM etc. / and then package it in another nest of folders. There are even .rar or .zip files that are not recognized by the extractor - yet will unzip to a folder if done manually.
    Are these people deliberately trying to make life difficult?? KISS.......

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@fuzzy3000, Personally I agree and don't want anyone to mess with the base files/zips and I will try to restore them to when they were released if I download something that's been messed with. Removing extra files and renaming the files. I also stick to a set of rules when I archive/package up any product that perhaps other people don't want to bother with as it adds extra size to the files, I add all promo images and if it's Daz, the docs pdf file or the current readme from any other sites, then I rar it up from my 4.11 version of winrar that doesn't compress weirdly. So if you look in that rar, you will see all the relevant files and nothing nested with any folders, just the zips you want to extract or install and the promos and documentation. But that's just me and other people do it different.

In regards to Mediafire, I have no issue with it and have used it to host a multitude of files. It downloads fine for me and for others although I'm aware that some people have an issue with it, but I still don't understand why. On the flip side there are those people that have an issue with Mega as well and get bad download speeds or don't like the download cap, I also don't have an issue with this host. There are other people that have an issue with G-drive and don't want files hosted there, or maybe some other host or whatever, you can't please everyone all the time. What I will always say is don't put all your eggs in one basket, using one file host is a recipe for disaster, so I like to spread it around a bit and encourage others to do the same.

Dragon
    Participant

I disagree with posting a bundle of products that are already here. PERIOD!!!. Its a duplicate post and takes points from the poster of the single item(s). Doesn't matter if its pro or custom.
    That being said, downloads dwindle over time so, if that IS allowed, then there should be time limit like a year, before someone could upload any posted item in a bundle. But not as in grabbing items from here and then making a bundle. Its should include 90 percent new items not posted here.

And then we get into people simply not reading/following rules and it happening anyway.

ShadowDemonLord
    Participant

I agree @Dragon to some extent. If the entire bundle is here then fine, no uploading the same assets as a bundle. But if someone buys the starter bundle, uploads it then later someone has the pro bundle it is unfair for them to have to strip the files out and upload them individually so as to not touch the original uploaders files.

I agree with Errilhl that once the full bundle is uploaded individually it should be combined. Of course that opens it's own can of worms - I paid for those assets individually - why do others get them for 50, I only want the hair - I don't want to download it all etc.

Lastly, I agree all files should be uploaded as they came from the source store. No renaming, no rearchiving. Yes by all means add promos and then rar the while thing up. As long as the files inside are original as is I have no problem.

But let's take a look at the Silas uploads. The first four were in a rar, then inside the correct files with the correct file name but some reason it has been extracted from the original zip then rar'ed (again). What is the point. I do wish to point out I really appreciate someone uploading them by why the double handling.

SDL.

Errilhl
    Participant

1. No modification of actual DAZ assets. They're already zipped, in a perfectly sharable DIM-file, why do anything to it?

2. I do appreciate people who make their own DIM-packages of other content - say Rendo assets, and the like. I do this myself, most of the time (unless I upload really old stuff, where I either haven't gotten around to DIMing the content, or it's an .exe file I have no plans on installing to begin with).

3. RARing a package, containing a link to Zone and promos and such... I don't really see the point. Why in the world do we WANT to draw attention to the site? Also, what do I need the promos for? I can look at them online, on the asset page. What bugs me most about this is that it bloats file-sizes, and it leaves a LOT of shit in the folders when un-raring content packs.

4. As for the bundle vs single items. Yes, the uploader is free to upload it as s/he pleases. But just be aware that the content you're uploading (at least if it's relatively new) will very soon be on free sites (as in completely free, no points, no nothing), and if I see this being done, and don't NEED the content right away, I won't "buy" it here. I'll just wait.

I do think that a higher price for Bundles should be used, though. Say 200 points, as I suggested before. Where the uploader keeps 100-150 of those, for sharing a bundle. I think this would encourage more uploading of pure bundles, instead of separate content.

5. Also... I know this isn't a popular opinion amongst all here, but seriously. This is a pirate site. You get access to thousands of assets. Please be decent enough to share whatever you have without waiting for rewards and stuff like that? Holding out for a while is fine, but if someone offers a reward, and you fulfill it - please post it to the site as well?

ADAM
    Participant

If an item gets filled it gets posted. If its held back for various/random reasons its hosted within a week by either the filler, requester or sent to a Mod to be hosted by the site. This is supposedly a share site.

Deleting filled request threads just leads to the item being requested again if its not posted. A request thread should not be deleted till the item is posted for everyone.

No cap on points offered. Not sure where I saw this but if you are willing to spend a million points and have a million pounts then you shouldn't be gimped.

A special section required to sign a NSFW and 18+ for members to display their art with less rules. Perhaps in the group section thats never used.

"Member of the month" randomly drawn from people that posted content that month. Perhaps 5000 points?

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

On the subject of adding ZoneGFX labels AND sticking our advertising in all archives -
    A number of comments have been made, over time, regarding problems with accounts as a result of posting items - allegedly by 'vendors' identifying the poster via their purchase and penalising them.
    If this is a true occurrence, the last thing anyone should add to any uploaded folder is a highly specific advertisement as to where to find the site.
    Anyone with a grudge against sharing, whether vendor or just a jealous asshole, could cause problems by passing this information on to those with the power to do something about it.
    The KISS principle works for everything - including this .
    Keep the uploads as just the original purchase content - not an advert to where their stuff is being loaded. No adverts saying here we are - take us down please.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘ZoneGFX Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post You Might Like