Spring x Polaroid ZGFX Contest (Current Prize Pool: 261,000 pts) - APRIL 2

Home Page Forums Art Competition Spring x Polaroid ZGFX Contest (Current Prize Pool: 261,000 pts) - APRIL 2

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    diviniren
    Participant

SPRING X POLAROID ZGFX CONTEST
    CURRENT PRIZE POOL: 261,000 PTS

It's time for another contest to get all our collective creative juices going, and what better time to usher in fresh ideas with spring around the corner!

The theme is Spring and Polaroid. The subject/elements of your piece should include anything to do with spring and the format must be standard Polaroid (1:1 aspect, minimum 1440x1440 resolution, not including any of the polaroid white space - your entry will be judged at this minimum resolution).

There are 4 categories in total. Participants can participate in 2 of the 4 categories, with 1 entry each (e.g., Categories A, B, C, D - Participant can enter once in B, and once in C).

THE CATEGORIES
    Each category is open to your interpretation. Prizes will be commensurate to the prize pool and will be determined at the contest's award ceremony.

A. Good Times
    B. Memories
    C. Chasing the Moment
    D. That's Fresh

CONTEST DEADLINE IS 11:59PM GMT / 5:59PM EST, APRIL 2, 2023
    All entries shall be submitted to this thread. You may change/update your entry anytime leading up to the contest's deadline. Please state the entry's category and include an embedded image in your post as well as a link to a downloadable version.

PARTICIPATION RULES
    Anyone can participate (including sponsors) except for the evaluation panel/judges.
    No generative AI pieces for this contest (but will consider something in the future as a separate category)

EVALUATION PANEL
    Results determined by consensus amongst the following judges:

@Diviniren

@Bebe

???

SPONSORS
    Super big thanks to the following individuals that have donated to the contest's prize pool! Please post/pm me if you would like to sponsor this event!

@Lapucelle
    5,000 pts - Transferred to pool

@Diviniren
    11,000 pts - Transferred to pool

@Frank22

@Plebby
    20,000 pts - Transferred to pool

@Ethiopia

@Gladson1976

@Bebe
    10,000 pts - Transferred to pool

@wireless-mosc
    50,000 pts - Transferred to pool

@queensknight

@spats
    10,000 pts - Transferred to pool

@plebby
    100,000 pts - Transferred to pool

Anonymous1 5,000 pts - Transferred to pool

Frank21
    Participant

Just before we get started, are AI generated images permitted? We've had issues before. I would assume the "no NSFW" rule applies.

diviniren
    Participant

I think, for the sake of convenience, generative ai will not be allowed for this contest, but a future contest we can look at creating a separate category for it.
    Sorry!

I believe whatever rules we have in this forum would be enforced. So I guess no NSFW for this one.
    Sorry x 2 ;D

Goblyn
    Participant

I'm rooting for you guys. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Thank you for hosting this @Diviniren!

diviniren
    Participant

Ty so much to all the sponsors and donors that are bankrolling this contest! This is adding up real quick, looking forward to the entries!

Frank21
    Participant

Yes adding up real quick.... I see you've risen to Rank 4 now, won't last though 😜.
    Just like to say for someone who's only been here for two months, you've really made your mark... great artwork, intelligent and thoughtful conversations, and you're kind and respectful to everyone, not like some. Just want to say it doesn't go unnoticed.

diviniren
    Participant

@Frank22

LoL! I didn't realize it until you mentioned it, but yeah, once all the points have been paid out what's left will be bones ;D

Also it was folks like yourself that really welcomed me and helped me with getting to know DS. It's folks like you that make the community!

P.S. I've been around since last summer, but on another account, switched names for safety/security reasons.

La_Pucelle
    Participant

C. Chasing the Moment
    Shake it, shake, shake it, shake it, shake it (Uh oh)
    Shake it like a Polaroid picture!

sexybeast6666
    Participant

Are we only using daz3d to render?

diviniren
    Participant

@sexybeast6666 You can use anything 2d or 3d modelling/rendering software, not specific to ds.

Spats
    Participant

Putting in for this, too.
    Not sure if will have time to devote to entry(ies). IRL work taking precedent. (Barely making it by for visits these days.) But will try.

diviniren
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks @spats! Hope you find some time to put in some entries!

Recktat19
    Participant

B. Memories
    I guess I'll call this one 'Mutual Curiosity'. When I thought of Spring I first thought of nature, then I thought of something bouncing flying or blasting off. So here's where it lead me.

For the framing I just threw together where I thought a photo like that would end up or in whose hands. Here’s the image without the framing.

Niniane
    Participant

Good luck to all of you who enter the contest! I'll be very interested to see what you all come up with! Contests are always exciting.

All the best,
    Niniane

gladson1976
    Participant

My entries for categories A and B

A. Good Times
    Good Times

B. Memories
    Memories

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like