Ramdom Art using Daz3D

Home Page Forums Art Showcase Ramdom Art using Daz3D

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

@3danimenut very nice.

3Danimenut
    Participant

@adam
    thanks, and thank you for that wet skin trick, it works with almost ever character G3 or G8, works real well with the HD ones.

@robf4g210

thanks Rob, I give @gelios or aka Maxim credit for posting that Future Visions environment bedroom it was just what i needed to finish that render, other one i was using just didn't look right.

ADAM
    Participant

No problem, Glad to help. Give us a picture when your ready 😉

3Danimenut
    Participant

Wet skin test #1

3Danimenut
    Participant

finally after a long search I found a lightsaber prop that does the movies justice
    did a quick test of it.

PhantomF4
    Participant

@3danimenut101

I have the lightsaber seen below. The blade morphs on and off.

I'd be happy to save it as a subset and send it to you if you'd like.

View post on imgur.com

3Danimenut
    Participant

@robf4g210
    Absolutely, I'm a Starwars fanatic so anything to do with it I would never turn down the offer. thank you, much appreciated.

3Danimenut
    Participant

Good Vs Evil...

coolcat
    Participant

very cool nice render!

3Danimenut
    Participant

Thanks @coolcat, even the 980 I'm running had trouble with this one, may have made the background lighting to dark, but i wanted the Sabers to stand out more.

Thanks @robf4g210, the first of many Starwars renders...lol

PhantomF4
    Participant

Don’t Mention it, @3danimenut101. I have a Vader Saber that I never quite finished as well. For some reason, the morph target mangles the hilt into a twisted mess when dialed to 0 (off). Looks okay when turned on, though. I’ll make some tweaks to it and share it with you probably early next week.

Drazzilkniks
    Participant

Thats really cool @3danimenut101, I read some stuff on Iray optimisation and not sure if you already use it or if it'll make a difference (didn't seem to in my case) but apparently it helps to set max path length to 3 or 4 (in general) and the architectural sampler to on (for indoor scenes). both options under optimisation in render settings.

You could also try bring up the lighting on her face without detracting from the sabers by placing a plane near the roof just above and in front of her aimed at her face with emission on and cutout opacity set to like 0.0000001, then play with the illumination and temperature values to get a soft fill light without losing the blue glow from the saber. (this really won't make your gfx card like you though)

3Danimenut
    Participant

@robf4g210
    I have Vader Saber prop in poser format, things probably almost as old as me and doesn't look the best...lol

@skinklizzard
    I make my GFX card cry on almost ever render, i like the Iray settings cranked up, personal preference really, I can always use afterburner and pull even more power from the card, down side of that is heat, every GFX card I've had does well around 70-80c but once you get then up over 90c+ they burn out fast, can't fit anymore fans in this tower it's stuffed to the max. Someday I'll put a true rendering PC together with horse power for days that would be nice.

Drazzilkniks
    Participant

@3danimenut101 yea cooling is always a problem, thankfully the gtx 970 I have can happily run at 100% core usage for hours without going over 60 - 70ish. but I've seriously considered looking into getting some closed loop liquid cooling solutions for my cpu and maybe just some extra gfx cooling to be safe considering its a factory overclocked version I think.

3Danimenut
    Participant

@skinklizzard
    liquid cooling is nice, i have that setup in this PC. cpu never goes above 40c even under heavy load. I have the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite in here. Amazon $39.99

a trick i found from trail and error, if your GPU has a enclosed cover, take it off they run much cooler being open, also i added 2 large speed adjustable fans in the tower to move more air over the card, but overclocking always seems to heat the thing up pretty fast, even with 3 120mm fans in the tower now and the side of the tower open, only seems to happen when i'm doing a large render that takes 45 to 1 Hr to finish, gaming no problem even with the graphics set to max.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like