Question/help with 'Look at my hair'

Home Page Forums General Chat Question/help with 'Look at my hair'

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Amber
    Participant

Not only is there no key,but the installere expects a "default standard" install path to DAZ, and will fail silently of this is not satisfied. Only discovered this by installing in a sandbox and discovering the hidden install log.

For my 2cents, Garibaldi is far more promising, though even that has its hat-ful of issues.

ADAM
    Participant

is there a working copy of Garibaldi floating around? ive seen a few but comments say they do not function.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@flibbits, then you're right it should be probably be removed or at least a massive warning placed in the description box then.

Monk

@flibbits

It's working here, just follow the instructions:
    "Extract Look At My Hair.zip
    Do NOT launch Daz studio after installation!!!!!!!
    Install your desired version and Put the lookatmyhairAM folder in C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio folder."
    (the key is the lookatmyhair.cfg file).

Hope this helps.

ADAM
    Participant

I can try it again but my issue is the pass code does not match the numbers. Installed with wifi off so there is 0 chance it could connect.

Monk

???? I guess IF the lookatmyhair.cfg file is correctly place, it won't ask for a pass code. At least, it didn't when I installed LAMH.

Amber
    Participant

@d0gg0d:
    Having just searched the blog, I didn't realize Garibaldi wasn't here! I've just uploaded my Windows copy, 32 & 64 bit versions included. Sorry Mac users 🙁
    (also note, even though there's a DAZ catalog number, and the Garibaldi page points to the DAZ store page, it is 404!)
    I have this installed on my system, it works as expected, but I can't say I'm happy with it, probably partially due to the fact my machine is a potato, and partly because Garibaldi leaves a lot to be desired. Also, it seems to crash way too often.

@monkseye
    :
    If you have LAMH working on your system, I'm guessing you have the default DAZ installation path, don't you.
    The problem is, if you (like me) have installed DAZ to a different location, i.e. a different drive, the LAMH installer cannot find it (as the default path is hardwired into the installer), and after trying a few "known" locations, decides DAZ is not installed at all, and refuses to copy the files to the plugins folder.
    the details are to be read in the installer's .log file, buried in a temp folder somewhere.
    As I recall, the developer mentioned something about this in a thread somewhere, saying that some time in the future custom paths would be supported.
    If we know indie devs, this means somewhere between 5 years and never.

What would REALLY HELP is...
    someone could upload the LAMH DLL from their plugins folder, instead of passing around a broken installer! This way we could simply drop the stupid plugin where it goes, and drop the cfg file where it goes. If the darned installer doesn't know where my DAZ is, *I* certainly do. Then we can see if the plugin works on a non-standard path as long as the cfg exists where it's "expected".

Monk
    Amber
    Participant

Whoa Monk, UDAMANN 🙂
    Thanks, will try it when I get home!

zagzag
    Participant

Installed it, put the cfg in the right place, disabled the network entirely, and still it wont activate 🙁 Also tried manually copying the dll, but no cigar :(((

I think I may have installed it incorrectly before, or didn't try to block it. Perhaps it writes something in the registry that isn't uninstalled and screws up later installations?

ADAM
    Participant

If anyones got this working 100% Im still interested in it. I gave up.

Lockhart
    Participant

It was usefull. But instruction was wrong.. The Activation Code is need to generate here
    http://www.gm-studio.net/LAMH_activation.aspx
    by posting your Personal Code and Serial Number.

Monk

@lockhart
    Your personal code (computer dependent) is given the first time you create a "Look at my Hair" project. Enter that one at the activation page (http://www.gm-studio.net/LAMH_activation.aspx).
    Enter as Serial Number: b540ccb3-cc15-4ac2-b467-25d203b844c5
    Press activate.
    Activation code will be generated.
    To finish the activation proces copy/paste that activation code into the popup in DS and go .....
    Good luck!

Lockhart
    Participant

Thanks a lot . I was lucky
    [url=https://postimg.cc/jLBvG9Hf][img]https://i.postimg.cc/jLBvG9Hf/Fox-12.png[/img][/url]

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like