Other Places

Other Places

Home Page Forums General Chat Other Places

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of D0GG0D D0GG0D 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of D0GG0D

D0GG0D

said

So this is my go-to place for Daz stuff but now that Im online daily my mind is wandering to other thoughts.

Im looking for places to DL other 3D programs, music, movies, ect…

I do not want to torrent or use the Bay. I like the setup here and would like something similar.

If you cant share it in the thread please PM me. thanks.

Profile photo of Morri

Morri

said

I get most of my software from softasm.com and I pick up music, books, comic books and movies from IRC usually. I barely ever torrent anymore.

Profile photo of EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey

said

Is there a reason you don’t want to torrent? I’m afraid places like this are few and far between, there have been a bunch of subReddits that tried to share stuff and they got shut down pretty quickly. You’ll find the producers of Music and Movies are a little more aggressive in their pursuit of any perpetrators.

I torrent Movies and TV shows, music I just look around for what I want in various places and usually end up torrenting. I use utorrent and have an ipfilter list that I’ve been using on various p2p programs for years and recently tried out a new and supposedly updated list only to get a couple of emails about illegal file sharing making me move back to my old list. I haven’t had an email since. I don’t use piratebay, KAT is revived but it’s pretty shit now, I’ve been using 1337x.to via Tor browser (IP routing) as it’s blocked in the UK.

There’s a Russian torrent site I came across a while ago that has a ton of good stuff listed http://only-soft.org/index.php you have to translate the site but it’s not bad and it’s got a lot of sources for most things.

Profile photo of D0GG0D

D0GG0D

said

I did a lot on KAT. Places like this I have less problems with corrupt file, viruses, seeding dying. ive had my cable turned off once because of seeding a file that was copyrighted and had to call to have it turned back on. Ive gotten gigs of stuff from KAT but I like softasm and here better. Im looking for places that host files on megashare and mediashare ect… rapishare sux.

EvilMonkey

said

Yeah sure @errilhl This is the version I currently have in my utorrent. http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxikv5ef6v8i38k/ipfilter.dat it was a list put together by ‘truebluerover’ on FTiReloaded from Bluetacks ipfilter lists for Ed2k.

I had tried out http://www.sadrobot.co.nz/ipfilter/ but I got a few emails from my ISP on sharing copyrighted content, even some files that I’d cancelled and not finished the full download. So I reverted back to the ipfilter I’d been using and I haven’t got anything since, even though the list hasn’t been updated in years.

Profile photo of Errilhl

Errilhl

said

Thanks. I’ve never, ever received an email (or any other types of mail) from my ISP for anything like this (and I’ve been very active in the torrent community for years and years), but it doesn’t hurt to add one of these 😀

EvilMonkey

said

Well, years and years ago I had a couple of letters from some very shady “lawyers” wanting me to settle for claims about copyrighted content. Some online searching led me to a couple of instances of them using this “settlement” as the basis for admittance of guilt and pursuing legal proceedings so I followed the advice to ignore it and get an IPfilter and I’ve used one ever since. I’ve also tried to be selective about what sources I get my media from as well but a decent filter just stops the “bad” IP’s connecting in the first place.

@d0gg0d Are you looking for any particular movies? I can share if needed.

Profile photo of Errilhl

Errilhl

said

I’m guessing it also matters which country you’re in, and so on. There has been a few cases where there has been lawyers trying to get people to pay / settle a claim, like you describe, but it seems they go after (mostly) specific ISPs (I’m guessing they’re not quite as adamant about not giving out information about customers). There have been a couple of cases taken to supreme court here, actually, where ISPs have basically been able to say “Fuck off” to those kind of companies / lawyers… so that probably helps.

Profile photo of Ethiopia

Ethiopia

said

@evilmonkey, How does one use this IPfilter? It it a plugin for your torrent client?
Thanks for your info.
E.

EvilMonkey

said

@ethiopia, It’s basically just a list of IP’s (or ranges of IP’s) that you don’t want your client to connect to. Most if not all torrent clients have the function built in. You just paste the ipfilter.dat into the relevant directory in your install and make sure it’s enabled in the settings, then it will run the list at startup and block those IP’s on the list.

If you’re using utorrent, put the ipfilter.dat into the directory “[INSTALL DRIVE]:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent”. Then open settings on utorrent, go to the advanced tab and set “ipfilter.enable” to “true”. Restart it and it will load it up, as noted in the log screen.

EvilMonkey

said

@errilhl, by the mention of the supreme court, you’re in the USA? I’m in the UK and we’ve had the same and a government ruling that says that ISP’s don’t have to give out personal information, they will pass on messages though, which I got recently. Basically telling us to stop downloading copyrighted content and giving out instructions on how to obtain things legally via streaming services and stores.

The rule of thumb for anyone downloading anything illegally is to just deny it. As long as the action isn’t tied to you personally then it’s not something you can be held accountable for. This is what these “lawyers” were trying to do years ago, sending letters out to people and encouraging them to admit to what they were doing so they could force the issue in court. Bunch of jokers.

Sorry to have hijacked your post @d0gg0d. Please accept this picture of a spider as reimbursement.

fpiderth

Profile photo of Errilhl

Errilhl

said

Oh, no, I just used “Supreme Court” as it’s the equivalent to what we have here, and most people know what that is. Here it’s “Høyesterett” – I’m in Norway 🙂

Profile photo of Ethiopia

Ethiopia

said

Thanks @evilmonkey. I use Tixati but it was simple to find the settings and enable it.
E.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest