NEW PC 2022 !!! YAY !!!

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › NEW PC 2022 !!! YAY !!!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1861949
    enjoyify
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    @Msmith773 is right to caution you. I assumed you were already aware, but new tech for both CPUs and GPUs are releasing very soon. As a general rule, this will lower the prices on older tech. So the standard advice would be to wait until the October to either buy new tech or get a discount on old tech.

    HOWEVER, this "typical trend" did not happen last cycle. Old GPUs actually increased in price. Now, I doubt that will happen this time since the crypto market is falling off and supply chains have improved. BUT, if something happens between Taiwan (that makes most of the world's chips) and China, for example, then prices would skyrocket.

    Given what happened last cycle, I think building a new PC now isn't a bad idea, especially since you're targeting a mid-range system. But keep an eye on tech news.

    #1861952
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I agree @Enjoyify
    You can hold off on buying a new PC or GPU forever waiting for the "right time", but at some point you have to bite the bullet.

    #1861953
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    @cybelle

    What processor you use along with that 3060?

    I have a Ryzen 7 5700G on a B550MK with 32GB RAM


    @MSmith773
    @enjoyify
    New tech will always be around the corner 🙂 and if we are going to wait for something better, its going to a long wait..
    And given the OP's geographical location, the new tech might be a tad costly..

    Just my 2 cents..

    #1861955
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Ha ha "costly". Where I live an RTX 3080ti is priced at over US$2000, roughly twice the price they sell for in the US.

    #1861958
    enjoyify
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    All true.

    Btw, I have a 5800X CPU. It's great, but I do a lot of gaming with multiple apps open. You could get an older Zen 2 (like the 3600) or the equivalent Intel offering and be fine. Daz doesn't need much CPU power.

    #1861959
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    @Frank22 .. That's basically the same price I get for the 3080ti here.. just a tad above $2000 and definitely not in my price range 😀

    BTW.. Where are you from, I'm from India 🙂

    #1861961
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I live in Oz ATM. Spring tomorrow YAY!

    #1861965
    Mark Smith
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Those prices are craaazy. In Canada I can get a 3090ti for roughly 1600~ CAD (before tax). There's one on sale for 1800$ atm, and it's gone even lower. Gigabyte 3090ti's have hit 1500-1600 CAD.

    https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=213667


    @Gladson1976
    True, but we're on a very strange precipice atm. We have all 3 major manufacturers releasing something new in the next month or two. We have AMD's 7000 CPU range next month, Nvidia's 4000 range vid cards next month~ish, and then Raptor Lake in roughly 2-3 months. We won't see a new Nvidia vidcard, AMD/Intel CPU for a while.

    Nvidia releasing them on a bi-yearly basis (3000 range released in Sept 2020), so you won't see a new card probably till late 2024.

    It's actually a perfect moment to either wait a couple of months for something better and won't be replaced for a while (at least a year or two) or to wait for older gen stuff to go on massive sales (just like the AMD cpu's just did).


    @enjoyify
    If something bad where to happen between China and Taiwan, only AMD would be largely affected. 99% of Intel prefab's are location in USA (California mostly) and Nvidia's are located in South Korea (if they're still using Samsung's 8mm prefabs). Some of nvidia's gpu's are made in Taiwan, so it would affect themslightly, but AMD would definitely be affected the most.

    #1862025
    Kerry Nova
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    @Mark Smith

    Thanks for your reply

    Yeah you did great moves and you're getting a topnotch pc.

    But I'm on a budget.
    The 3060 is a bit expensive to me. (around USD 1000)
    The 3090 is definitely way too expensive.(USD 3500)
    The 4000 series is unthinkable,
    something only Elon Musk can have lol.

    Plus here in Argentina the prices never go down.
    It's a different economy.

    My old pc from 2012 is passing away.
    It caught fire a few days ago.
    I'm still using it but I know its days are numbered.
    So I need to get a new pc like right now.

    Since I'm on budget.
    I'm not getting the 3060 right now.
    I'm getting a Ryzen 5 5600G instead.
    As you know the G series has integrated graphics.

    In about 6 months I'll get the 3060.
    Then maybe if you're right, a miracle happens
    and the prices go down,
    then maybe I can check the prices again.

    #1862043
    Kerry Nova
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    I'm aware of th new tech cming up but I just want a decent PC
    that lets me render in Iray.
    The 3060 is the minimum required and I'm on a budget.

    I'm getting a Ryzen 5 5600G with interated graphics this week.

    I need to save for the 3060, it will take me about 6 months (unless a miracle happens)

    So, I need to wait anyway. But still I'm getting a new decent PC that even without a GPU
    is a million times better than my current crap from 2012.

    #1862044
    Kerry Nova
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    btw what are decent motherboards that work well with a 3060?
    I don't think I need a x570, right?

    I'm not planning to update my PC to often.
    I will just add the 3060 and maybe a better CPU Cooler in a few months but that's all.

    I'm not a gamer.

    This new PC should live at least 10 years.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like