Home Page › Forums › General Chat › NEW PC 2022 !!! YAY !!!
- This topic has 25 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by
Kerry Nova.
-
AuthorPosts
-
August 30, 2022 at 12:44 PM #1861761
Hey guys I'm getting a new pc!
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyI'm defintely looking for an Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU
so I can finally start rendering in Iray.But still theres lots of options: Aorus, Asus, Gygabite, MSI, EVGA, etc
Please tell me what Nvidia GPU you guys have and which one would you recommend.
Thank you!!!!
August 30, 2022 at 1:22 PM #1861769That's great. Shopping for a new PC is so fun.
I vote EVGA 3060. EVGA has always treated me right and never put up a fight when I had to return something of theirs. They also have a third party limited warranty, which makes their GPUs easier to sell if you ever want to trade up.
I've heard good things about Asus, and MSI is usually solid. I personally avoid Gigabyte after I had a few bad experiences.
August 30, 2022 at 1:57 PM #1861784Personally I have tried MSI, EVGA, PNY over the years. I never had any problems with any of them. Asus seems to have its prices a bit...overinflated ... although my MOBO is Asus so I shouldn't judge 🤣🤣
Of course, I usually go for the cheapest card in its category...(I mean 3060, 3070, etc) which ultimately is more important since the cheapest 3070 is better than the most expensive 3060...(I used to have a 1060 and it was a bit..weak)
August 30, 2022 at 1:59 PM #1861785@enjoyify
THanks for your replyAugust 30, 2022 at 1:59 PM #1861786Purely IMO:
EVGA ( better customer service and warranty - but it depends a bit on the country/shop if you live in the EU ) = ASUS ( ~2-3% better performance in very certain cases lol and a bit quieter fans, but the fan bearings tend to give up just after the end of the warranty 😀 ) > MSI ( nice design, but it was always a "good-good, but I've seen better brands" for me ) > Gigabyte ( the special ones have great cooling, but two gave up on me before the end of their warranty :/ )August 30, 2022 at 2:09 PM #1861787What is the difference between Nvidia RTX 3060 and Nvidia RTX 3060 ti?
Which one is better for working and rendering in Iray?
I know the big difference is the Vram:
the 3060 has 12gb Vram
while the 3060 ti has only 8g Vram...Ive heard the more Vram the better for DAZ and Iray...but is that so?
August 30, 2022 at 2:12 PM #1861791I live in Buenos Aires Argentina so there are big differences in prices and customer services.
Im only asking about the performance of the 3060 in DAZ/IrayAugust 30, 2022 at 2:30 PM #1861793@Legolas18
Thanks for your replyAugust 30, 2022 at 2:30 PM #18617943060Ti is faster; 3060 has more VRAM. If it's just for Daz you would likely benefit more from the extra VRAM. I say go for the regular 3060.
August 30, 2022 at 2:30 PM #1861795@warrant63
Thanks for your replyAugust 30, 2022 at 6:52 PM #1861878I have a Zotac 3060 Twin Edge (12GB) and it has been serving me well..
I see a lot of votes for EVGA but I don't have much experience with EVGA.. guess it depends on where on the globe you live 🙂August 30, 2022 at 7:47 PM #1861888thanks for your reply!
August 30, 2022 at 10:45 PM #1861916@Ethiopia
Thanks for your reply!
What processor you use along with that 3060?August 30, 2022 at 11:31 PM #1861934Honestly the 4000 RTX range is right around the corner, with early benchmarks showcasing absolute monsters (4090 having more then double the clock speed of a 3090, and scoring roughly 90% faster on benchmarks, albeit being a big power hog). They'll be out late September/October for the 4090 range, and then a few weeks after the rest should be released. Edit: A 4070 will beat a current 3090ti, and be roughly 20-30% faster.
I'm in almost the same situation (I just bought a 12900ks/Z690 Aorus Master/32GB DDR5/Case/PSU at big discounts) and all I was missing was the video card, so I went to the store with the longest return policy, and bought a temporary 3070. My friend has a membership @ BestBuy Canada, so I have roughly 60 days to return it and grab a big 4000 range card in a month or two.
Also assuming the 3000 range cards will drop heavily in price once they officially announce the 4000 range release date, just like current AMD cpu's dropped yesterday a ton when they announced the 7000 series.
If you REALLY want to buy something now, then you can probably get a good high core count AMD cpu for a huge discount. Just know that the motherboard you purchase for it (AM4) will not not work with the 7000 range (AM5). However, if you buy an Intel mobo you'll have the option to upgrade to the Raptor Lake range late this year (same socket LGA1700). PLUS have support for DDR4 AND DDR5 on both cpu ranges, Alder/Raptor Lake, just not both types of ram at the same time.
You have a LOT of choices now, just look up the relevant benchmarks and reviews on them.
Happy CPU/GPU hunting, 😛
August 30, 2022 at 11:39 PM #1861938Your GPU is pretty much the same as my RTX 2080. The 2080 is a bit faster but the 3060 has more VRAM. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your new GPU. Don't forget to show some of your work in the Art Showcase forum when you're up and running.
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.




