My showcase

Home Page Forums Art Showcase My showcase

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Slackwave
    Participant

After spending hours/months/years crafting characters and scenes, I though I might share some of them with you. I can provide any technical detail or credit if requested, don't hesitate to ask.

So here are two of my favorite characters : Chloé and Swann.

Chloe and Swann
    Full Size

Bot101
    Participant

That's very nice!
    Thank you for sharing it.
    I look forward to seeing your contest entries.

Cassandre
    Participant

Wow! Looking great! I look forward your contest entries too. 😀

Slackwave
    Participant

Cheers. Maybe I'll try to submit a contest picture at some point, when I'll feel confident about my works which is clearly not the case yet 🙂

PhantomF4
    Participant

Why is that not the case. This a great composition!

3Danimenut
    Participant

It's clearly the case that you do fantastic work, when you feel ready by all means join us in a contest....We're all after @Miarka title belt, but keep getting are butts kicked...JK

Cassandre
    Participant

Well, @3danimenut101, you kicked mine in the last contest! 😀

Slackwave
    Participant

What I actually would like to achieve is a picture that looks so real you can't tell if it's cgi or reality. About this very picture, the more I look to it picture the less I like it. The lighting is bad, the details on Swann's skin are too emphasized (especially the dark pores) and her expression doesn't look right. BUT ! I keep going and I'm getting better... 🙂

Thank you all anyway !

ADAM
    Participant

I think thats the goal of most people here.

The render is pretty good. Hair looks great and the skin is good.
    Lighting is a bit strong but not bad. Pose is nice.
    Id say its equal to or better than several posts ive seen.

Slackwave
    Participant

OK you got me guys. I'm working on something... stay tuned 😉

grunt
    Participant

Nice characters. I like the pose and expressions.

Slackwave
    Participant

Test render for character : Anja.

This is a character I build using this morph from jaquesg even though the likeness isn't obvious at first glance. I loved her "girl next door" appearance and wanted to have a teen character who wasn't either awesome or ugly. I converted the morph to G8 then used skin builder to add skin details and black spots, and peach vellus over cheeks. You may notice a very small collision glitch with the hairs on the forehead. Lights are provided by free Second Circle's HDRIs.

https://i.imgur.com/pqclNmr.jpgAnja

Fullsize picture is here.

Slackwave
    Participant

Not much to say about this one. The bike is a must have but the render itself is wasted by the overall impression from the environment which gives too much of a "poser" look imo.

Modern Knight

Full Size

Slackwave
    Participant

This one illustrates how difficult it is IMO to pose a natural and realistic smile. Obviously I failed again as the character looks like a wax statue.

I used collision/smoothing for the bed deformation but I probably should have used a DFormer too cause it lacks general weight deformation and thus looks made out of gel.

https://i.imgur.com/54Z0Gyt.jpgCathy

Full Size

Schmitty
    Participant

Biker Picture:
    It looks good. The shine from her jacket is a cool effect. Bit of Constructive Criticism: There is too much empty space on the right side of the picture. If you shifted the camera to the left with her in the foreground she would be a focal point and it wouldn't look so empty.

Girl on Bed:
    I love the natural lighting. The bed looks fine to me. Her elbows press in the blanket and her skirt is spread out as it should be. She doesn't look heavy enough to require much more in the way of pressure on the bed. Her smile is a little funky, but faces are hard to pose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like