Morph transfer between similar clothing items?

Home Page Forums General Chat Morph transfer between similar clothing items?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

@Checkit1414

Ah yes I must have clicked on something odd.

Once I restored to my preferred work space layout, it has re-appeared.

Many thanks for your help.

🙂

eelgoo

Thanks to @maxxp2 & @Checkit1414

OK I have managed to get a clothing morph transfer done.

I have changed the name of the item, to prevent over write just in case, but in what 'Save' type should I use for the modified garment, please?

🙂

Checkit1414
    Participant

Oh...humm....you got me there.

I think it really depend on how you usualy work with your custom character and/scene you make.

Personnaly, i save my custom character with their cloth on them while using "Save as Scene Subset"

But i heard peoples also save them sometime while using just "scene".

Some other save just the clothing i believe while using "Save as Wearable preset".
    Because they can like that just load that piece of clothing and fit it one different character. I believe....i don't know, that's not how i work.

Maybe someone else here can help you with that. But i think the most important is to let us know how do you want to use that piece of clothing. Do you want to only use it on a specific character or do you want to have it available for any character you will use eventualy.

eelgoo

Basically I want to save it as a similar garment to the original target item, but with the enhanced morphs.
    Usable as a stand alone clothing item, I suppose is the best way to describe what I am looking for.
    Typically I use 'wearable presets' to define entire outfits, so I can load an outfit with one click, once I have defined it.

🙂

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

Morph transfers I think require the obj to have the same number of verticies. You might be able to export both as objs ... the one with the morphs you want, include the bones, the other don't. Then import them back, transfer the rigging to the new one? It's a long process, cuz you have to export all the morph targets for the target cloth, and re=import them, i do it similar things for G3/G8 -> G2 figures so that i can use them in a 3d/V$ sandbox that is based on G2

A lot of exporting as obj and reimporting --- if you list the two items out here, maybe i can do it on my pc and send instructions/screenshots/results...

(sorry for random brain dump, i actually have done this a few times, with some success)

eelgoo

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I think I have found a way that works for me with similar clothing types.
    Some better than others but pretty good on the whole.

Following Sara's instructions I got the morphs transferred.
    Then I tried 'Save as Support Asset/Figure/Prop Assets' & whilst that seems to have a very small file foootprint, it does reload the garment with the saved morphs successfully.

🙂

eelgoo

I am trying to get some refinement into this process now, and realise I might be in danger of getting out of my depth.
    I'm going to ask the question anyway.

One of the morphs I am transferring should only effect the torso of the garment.
    On the original garment it works well, as it does with sleeveless items I have successfully transferred it to.
    Where I am finding a problem is if the target garment has sleeves, especially with bigger loose sleeves. The morph which should only effect the torso seems to 'cross talk' to the sleeves & deform them badly also.

Is there a way of transferring the said morph to the torso only, please?

eelgoo

No one has any ideas for refining this process?

:0/

Sara1985
    Participant

Easiest way would be to use x-morph, selecting the arm regions to have the morph only impact on the the torso part. (https://zonegfx.com/x-morphs-shape-splitter/)

try "easy" -> "arms" first, if the results are not as expected you can use different selection methods like by material, bones etc. to get the best results.

eelgoo

Thanks a lot for the input, Sara.

I'll look into that.

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like