Mixed

Home Page Forums Art Competition Mixed

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Tinkula
    Participant

A little Noir with some gun-slinging/ninja props with an alien menace thrown in.

Mixxed

Mixxed noir

My first render in Daz Studio(Other than for testing). It is after midnight of the 13th, but I'm going to submit it just in case, and it was time consuming and I didn't want it to be a complete waste. It is 3 renders (B/W, Iray, & 3Delight) mixed together in Gimp. No effects, other than the eraser to blend the three layers.

As it is my first submission, I hope I didn't submit it wrong (other than an hour late) by submitting this.

Errilhl
    Participant

@drgnmztr That's... a Firefly 😀 Mind sharing where you got the model? I have some, but they're mostly shit.

cephalo
    Participant

I still haven't gotten the lighting the way I wanted it, but I'm out of time. 🙂

Dae

Dragon
    Participant

@errilhl sharecg . Its an obj. Not a great model. Non poseable. But it works. OH, and the landing gear is up so its in flight mode.

Mark Sinister
    Participant

I know it doesn't count because I was to late but this is what I worked on for this contest...

Specter and the Andromeda Girl

Mark Sinister
    Participant

This is only my second contest on here and I thought they all started at the beginning of the month and ended on the end of the month. So when I saw this I thought I had time to work on this because it was still the middle of the month when I saw the contest.

Anyway thanks for giving me something to work on, these contest are very help in teaching me how to use this program.

EdnaCloud
    Participant

@mark sinister

Very nice render and if you are new to DS, very well done. Re-your comments on the other art comp thread (what inspired...) it seems we have similar views. Echoed by your render here and my entry for this comp 🙂

And your mention of 'electric sheep' reminded me of what a great film that was and may have influenced me slightly for my render in this comp 🙂

Cheers and see you in the next one 😉

ADAM
    Participant

Nice render. Wish it was on the running. All contests start and end at different times. I ran one that took a month but figured we might have a Halloween one pop up so I limited the time on this one. Its been a bit since an official contest has happened.

Mark Sinister
    Participant

@EdnaCloud

Yeah, these contest have me pushing the limits of my renders. I've learned so much about Iray and 3Delight from just these 2 contest alone.

@D0GG0D

I was waiting for a Halloween theme contest after the inspired you contest and I randomly bumped in to this one last week. I saw one of your messages stating people had 11 days left to submit so I buckled down and started looking for stuff that would remind me of Cowboy Bebop. I didn't really look to see what the end date actually was because I figured it was like the last contest thinking it would end at the end of the month.

When I finally took my time finishing it up, I came on to see what the other people were submitting I saw the voting had started and I was like "Fudge!!".

I only decided to drop it in because I really had no other use for it. If you guys do decide to do another sci fi theme I didn't want to just submit it there.

I want to start fresh.

Anyway will just have to wait for the next contest.

EdnaCloud
    Participant

@Mark Sinister

Well I have been 'playing with DS' on and off (mostly off) since it came out but I have gotten very lazy. These comps are a good way to start to take rendering a little more 'seriously' 🙂

Did you notice the similarity between our renders ?

N.B. If I had done mine the way I wanted it, I.E. rain, fog and lots of reflections, the damn thing would still be rendering now and I would miss the close date for this comp and the next one 🙂

Mark Sinister
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy since I didn't make it in time for this contest, I've been working on the Alice in Wonderland contest. Yeah I notice our work looks the same, lol. I've been working hard on learning the different lighting systems and Iray and 3Delight renders.

I don't have a Geforce video card so it take forever to do good renders. I doesn't help that my computer doesn't have a lot a Ram either. Who would've known 8GB was to low...

Black Friday is coming around I'm hoping to get a 1070 or even a 1060 6Gb at least.

Dragon
    Participant

@masin I feel your forever slow passout in chair waiting for render, pain. I had a gtx 630, but just upgraded to a EVGA GeForce GTX 1070. HUGE difference. (and it looks cool too. LOL)
    I found it on Ebay for $250 which included shipping.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like