Make room please!

Home Page Forums General Chat Make room please!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Abad
    Participant

I have downloaded the entire "Necromancer Bundle 8.1". When exceeding 5 Gb, you have to wait 5 hours to complete it due to the limitations of Mega, so I have searched for it elsewhere and on Google Drive, it only took a minute to download. (My connection is 1GB parallel..)
    I've removed almost everything, leaving the Necromancer character and his HD, the girl character to test, and the "Skull Castle" to poke around.
    I install "skull castle" and it occupies 1060Mb on the disk.. 😀
    The duf and dfs are NOT compressed. So I pass them through my "minifier", I compress them with gzip or "DSF Tools", and there is something more decent left: 975Mb only with minifier, and with gzip, it goes to 875Mb. Now for the heavier stuff: The textures... Instead of using my recommended "Mass Image Compressor" from SourceForge, I've tried ImagerezirerDOTcom, as well as Compress-or-dieDOTcom. The results are spectacular: I have stolen 800Mb from the original. From 1060Mb to 253Mb.
    Of course, while MassCompressor does it all at once, in Imageresizer they go in batches of 20 images each time, and change the extension from jpg to jpeg: You have to change the extension by hand or using a "renamer" program... In Compress- or-die goes image by image, no batches, despite having a script for Photoshop and it's a bit slow...
    For textures of buildings, landscapes, etc..., where the detail is negligible, it is worth it.
    A comparison between the original and its "compressed" at:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7a6t4sdsw2k1k5/compare.zip/file

enjoyify
    Participant

Hey, Abad. If Mega download datalimit restrictions are bothering you, I have a fix.

While on Mega, if you change your VPN location, Mega will treat you as a new user and reset your download limits. Download until you hit your maximum, change VPN location, then continue downloading. ez

Abad
    Participant

@enjoyify I know, but the speed is gone by Proxies o VPN. Or turn off the router 1 minute and the IP changes...

Amber
    Participant

Funny, I see no difference in speed when using a VPN, tunneling or not. Mega is consistent.

Google on the other hand... everything breaks. Images, Translate, etc. etc.
    Recaptcha has issues as well.

Abad
    Participant

@amberkat , I have the Potron VPN (free, of course!) I hardly use it, but without this cheap VPN, the download rate in Mega (I normally use Megasync...), goes from a transfer without it of 70/80 Mb/s to 20/40Mb/s. It seems trivial, but I do notice it. Anyway, we are talking about seconds (5/10...?) to download about 200Gb..., and change the server every time the 5Gb limit is exceeded... A burden that is avoided with GoogleDrive.
    I'm partly to blame for that: I don't like half of it... Greed is very harmful, especially for newbies. As the industrial designer Dieter Rams used to say, "Less is more..."
    Of course, I have uninstalled the "Skull Castle", after adjusting it, because it is of no use to me. The "Necromancer 8.1" and its addon Hd do seem interesting to me: They are "trade hazards", since I focus on industrial products to help elderly people or workers at risk. For that I use Daz: To make the idiot! 😀

NobunagaOda
    Participant

Abad, not to advertise or anything, but I've been with PIA for years and although I do lose some speed, it remains quite reasonable.

Amber
    Participant

I use PIA as well, there's virtually no speed penalty.
    And 5GB would take me like 30-45 minutes on Mega (or anywhere else that isn't throttled like Rapidgator).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like