IMPORTANT NOTICE! - PLEASE READ!!!

Home Page Forums ZoneGFX Announcements IMPORTANT NOTICE! - PLEASE READ!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Kharkhar
    Participant

Ah sorry I misunderstood, I thought the images just weren't resolving remotely anymore, I didn't realize they had all been completely deleted. Nevermind me then! 🙂

Kharkhar
    Participant

However doing a Google image search of the filenames as they are right now does yield the photos, on the 3-4 random spotchecks that I just did anyways.

For example this one:
    (zonegfx.com/octopus/)

Shows the image file name as: 3a5c58b27c77feb6a09af9884c256e07.jpg

Which under a Google image search comes up with what I assume is the correct image:
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=3a5c58b27c77feb6a09af9884c256e07.jpg&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_2u6K2aHUAhUm7oMKHXYKCN0Q_AUIBigB&biw=1440&bih=767&dpr=1#imgrc=_

SpocksBeard1701
    Participant

Imgur is the only host that I've used since I joined here, more than a yr. ago. I have over 1200 images on their site and haven't had any problems yet.
    Have I just been fortunate or do you think they haven't implemented their ban rules yet? Should I be concerned?

Vega Soleil
    Participant

So Imgur just died on me. First on google chrome now on Mozilla too. I thought it was a browser thing but it seems not. Tried tinypic with my Elven Dress post but it will not show up and I did copy the actual image link .jpg etc etc. Now what to do? I assume we can't update images ourselves? I kind of just want to go and become image updater, cause OCD 😛 I need pictures everywhere.

EDIT: Talk about OCD, imagine having to replace all the missing images here! A slow process!

Vega Soleil
    Participant

So I registered Imgur and now it is working again. No idea for how long but we shall see. I can't think of a good way to help with this other than posting images in the comments but that may just make it a pain in the butt. If there is any volunteering that can be done here I am game though! 😉

EDIT: There's no need to post the images for us hehe. Most images can be sourced from the original site. If a member used a custom image then we try to get in touch and request the image again, otherwise we may make one ourselves 😀

Amber
    Participant

RIP KAT. I happened to be in the middle of replying to a forum post the moment they hit the switch. I was shocked when I hit the reply button and was met with a 404. Demonoid is still around, they just keep popping up at a different domain. Been a member since 2012, I have it open in a tab right now.

About image hosting... First Imageshack, then Photobucket... they all got nasty. Now pximg dies... I have countless thousands of broken images in forum posts because I used them. The only one that never went belly-up on me was/is Imgur. I haven't heard of them blacklisting certain sites, but I don't doubt it. Unfortunately the web teaches us nothing is ever simple, and nothing is ever permanent. Looking at postimmage.io, looks fair. Let's hope this lasts a good while.
    Also a good lesson from this is ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR IMAGES! Sucks loosing them to bit rot and takedowns.

Beryl
    Participant

I agree with you.
    It is impossible to restore all images.
    A lot of work...

Tomsk
    Participant

Yet it is something we are working on constantly 😀

dav
    Participant

Hi,
    Why don't use cloud image link ? I know there is no image extension on links but a small script can test it I think.
    My 2 cents.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘ZoneGFX Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post You Might Like