IMPORTANT NOTICE! - PLEASE READ!!!

Home Page Forums ZoneGFX Announcements IMPORTANT NOTICE! - PLEASE READ!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Tomsk
    Participant

As you will have noticed, a lot of images for our product posts are no longer displaying.

This is due to pximg.com changing their operating procedures, unfortunately those images hosted on their servers are no longer available to us.

Hunter has found an alternative image hosting site for us to use.

https://postimage.io/web.php

As you will see, this site uses the images url to upload that image.

To obtain the required url simply right click on the main image of the product on it's native site and select 'Copy Image Address', then paste that into the box you see on 'postimage'.

Once the link has been generated you will see a number of options, from these you need to copy the link listed as 'Direct Link'.

You are then free to use the copied link in place of the older pximg links when posting an item.

All of the images that are no longer displaying need to be updated one by one by your admin team and this may take some time as there are close to 10,0000 posts currently using pximg links.

We are looking into alternative image hosts simply to give you more options.

Itachi
    Participant

Is there a way for us to update the pictures used in items we have posted?

StarLord
    Participant

oh dear, 10,000 posts to update. I'm going to cry if I were the admin.
    If only we can update the items we posted.

Tomsk
    Participant

If only it were that simple hehe 😀

Have no fear though, we're on it!

Phibes
    Participant

😀

Tomsk
    Participant

Hahahah indeed!

Richard G
    Participant

Thanks, I was about to ask about that, good thing I saw this. Wasn't sure if it was here or my computer lol..

RastaMami
    Participant

I also recomment http://tinypic.com/
    Works very good! You can choose the image from your computer or Url as well 😀

Don_k
    Participant

I am familiar with PXGamer who runs pximg, he was a retired KAT Admin. The DMCA Trolls went after ALL of his Github projects. htps://pximg.xyz now is just a Project Status Page, no more image hosting.

9nestar
    Participant

Yeah me too. Harsh, and a lot of work:(:(

Mary Chan
    Participant

@donk Man I really hate the DMCA...Back in the day before KAT was even a thing, I used to *ehem* contribute to Demonoid before the DMCA took that down...At least I'm getting my Robin Hood fix here... ^_- Just curious, why don't we use imgur?? I noticed some people already use it on this site, which accounts for why we at least see some images in the posts...Is it more of a precaution than a convenience issue?

Sincerely,

Mary Chan AKA Animelovers2

Don_k
    Participant

@Mary Chan
    Been there, & TPB, used to do the LimeWire thing as well.

As far as Imgur, they tend to block sharing sites, TopGFX.com got hit with a perma-ban back in Sept 2015 they also banned KAT the same week. PXGamer started pximg to fill that gap that week and it ran fine until March 30th. If the image hosts keep getting shut down or block sites, we Pirates might wind up using Ruspic or other Russian image hosts.

Tomsk
    Participant

Bumping this becasue some people are still posting items using pximg...

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!

The admin team.

Tomsk
    Participant

A QUICK UPDATE!!!

In the course of replacing the images for the site I decided to use ImageShack for a little variety and was greeted by the following message.

@Hunter
    @Monkseye @eelgoo

ImageShack Content delivery policy changes

Dear ImageShack users, since 2004 ImageShack’s team has been working hard to create easiest to use, best performing Image Hosting and delivery solution for all users. To continue to improve our services for our premium users, ImageShack will implement policy changes that are listed in detail below.

Starting November 1st, 2015 ImageShack will be implementing a new policy that will affect image delivery for some of our users, here are those changes:

Premium* ImageShack accounts will not be affected in any way. You will continue to be able to use your ImageShack account, and all images will be served to your pages.

Any free accounts (non-premium) will no longer deliver images to any sites, blogs or forums. This change will be implemented by November 1st, 2015. If you have a free account, have images that are linked to any sites, blogs or forums and want to continue to have images delivered to those pages.

Free account holders will still be able to access their ImageShack accounts, and be able to download their images for a period of 3 months. You will be able to upgrade to a premium account at any point during that time to enable image delivery outside pages. If you chose not to upgrade, your account access will be discontinued by the end of January 31st, 2016, and your ImageShack account will be considered abandoned.

Q. I have a free account, I do not plan to upgrade at all, what are my options?

A. You have until November 1st, 2015 re-host your images any other service provider, and until January 31st, before your access to ImageShack.com site is discontinued.

eelgoo

I think I would look elsewhere then. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘ZoneGFX Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post You Might Like