How to find out where morph came from?

Home Page Forums General Chat How to find out where morph came from?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    globalrecession2009
    Participant

Question.
    A figure with texture and morphs is loaded into the scene.
    You go to parameters tab and click on "currently used"
    Now you can see what morphs are being used.
    Lets say there is a morph being used called "Big Titties"
    You want to install that big titties morph on another content hard drive.
    So, how do you find out where the morph came from?
    Where is that morph located inside the data folder.
    I want to install some morph packs to a new content but don't know where some morphs came from or who made them.
    I thought I could somehow click on the morph slider thing and it would show "browse to file location"
    Having a tough time finding any info online about this.

Checkit1414
    Participant

If your install setup is by default (like mine, i think), morphs are located at
    C:\Program Files\DAZ\Studio\Content\data\DAZ 3D

Once there, find the generation folder this morph is under. (V4, Genesis 1, 2, 3, ect...)
    Then, female or male. (Female i assume in your example.)
    Then morphs.

After that, that's where it's tricky. You'll see tons of folder containing morphs. But they are sorted by product name/author. If you don't remember who made that morph originaly, you might be in for a lot a digging. What i would suggest you, is using Windows search box and search for the morph by it's name. The file of the morph will have the same name of the morph that you see in your character in Daz.

I don't know if what i said will help you. In any case. Good luck.

globalrecession2009
    Participant

Yeah thanks man, I appreciate the reply. I know what your talking about with that data folder and stuff. I poked around in there a few times to fix "duplicate formula "errors.
    Anyway I have found a way that will show me where they sit in the data folder worked.
    I load up genesis 3 and I apply every single morph that i want to use and then save that as a scene subset and copy that file into my new content folder. Then i open my other 2nd installation of daz studio and import that scene sub thing that i just made and it will throw these errors saying I am missing all this stuff.
    Example of a missing morph that would pop up in the error window.
    data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/hstw/bmk2/chest up.dsf
    I copy that error into notepad and paste it into http://wiki.daz3d.com
    Which results in http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/34645/file_list
    If it doesn't show up then i paste into google.
    Then its just scrolling through the results. i paste it into renderosity as well.
    If i still cant find any info then the only thing left to do is to go to my old content folder and copy the folder with the file listed in the error and paste it into the data folder in my new content folder. It works, but surely there must be another way.

ADAM
    Participant

Probably easiest way was like the above statement.

Apply one morph or more. move that save file to a clean install. Any morph not installed will show an error path in history not being found. Then just move the morph to the missing path or build your own path with a new file structure and character.

Shoukd be able to target multiple morphs easily.

Checkit1414
    Participant

Oh! I see what you are trying to do Global.

Yeah, no, i think there is no really any other way i can think of of doing this than the way you are doing it.

What you would like Daz to do, is like having a place, or a way (like a script), that would tell you when you load a custom object (character, clothing or anything.) EVERYTHING this object use and require for assets to make.

From basic character figure, to every mats, while passing through every morph is use.

Hum....i wish too such feature would exist. A good while ago, i too had a custom character saved as a scene subset and a friend of mine asked me what i used to make her. From the top of my head, i remebered the basic assets but i couldn't remember all of it. Especialy not all of the assets of the morphs and the different provenance of the custom texture i used on her.

I know that when you load a character, the log file in Daz studio will tell you some of the file and info Daz is loading and using while loading this character, but i don't think it list everything. :\

That's why i think unfortunatly, the best way to do it right now, is like how you did. It's not in reality the best way, but i don't see how to do it otherwise.

ShadowHawk
    Participant

There is a DAZ program that allows you to see all the morphs I believe.

18904 Morph organizer for Daz Studio. Not sure if it is up here, if not, let me know and I will upload it.

Errilhl
    Participant

There is, also, some program / plugin for sharing scene files, IIRC. Something like "Scene packer" or something like that... I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it, if it's an official DAZ asset, or Rendo, or something else. Anyway, as I understood it (not tested), it should provide a zip of the scene, with all needed active morphs, assets and more located. It can, ofc, be quite a few GB big...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like