GTX1060 has no openCL for dforce?

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › GTX1060 has no openCL for dforce?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1625074
    globalrecession2009
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    I have just started to try out dforce and dforce clothes.
    First time hitting the simmulization button a Message came up saying something about Kernells, I didnt read it all and just pressed ok.
    Dforce is very slow, i soon gave up.
    I see in the dforce tab that my OpenCL device is being shown as my CPU.
    I cant choose my GTX1060.....because it has no openCL????
    Checked in GPUz and also geforce
    I updated to the latest GFX driver and its still NOT showing any support for OpenCL in GPUz.
    How do i get openCL for GTX1060 gfx card ?

    #1625075
    Kre@tionz
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Sorry but your card just won't do it for dforce simulations (or much in daz). I had similar issues with dforce (especially dforce hair) even though I had a "decent" Nvidia card. So I upgraded to a Titan RTX and dforce simulation issues are a thing of the past. The more cuda cores on the card the better.

    #1625076
    globalrecession2009
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    Thanks mate.
    Oh well, so much for that idea then. No fast dForce simulization for me then.

    #1625147
    GMGFX
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    What are the specs and brand name of your GTX1060? I'm running a EVGA CUDA GTX1060 6GB. CUDA Cores 1280, Clocked @ 1607Mhz, running it with Studio Driver v451.48. I do not have any problems with dforce running on the graphics card.

    Let me know what you are working with, maybe we can find a solution.

    #1625421
    globalrecession2009
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    My Card is
    ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1060 OC edition 6GB GDDR5
    Details

    #1625422
    GMGFX
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Hey globalrecession2009,

    Double check to make sure you are using the Studio Driver and not the Game Ready Driver as they both have the same version number.

    Then see if you can check the box next to OpenC on the lower left side.

    -Schreck

    #1625581
    Spanky
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    View post on imgur.com


    there can you find the Studio driver.
    I had a GTX1060 too and it worked fine, also for dforce (BUT the card is not big enough for much stuff... okay I had the 3GB version^^...).
    if you run daz3d the first time with a new card, and you start dforce, the engine will "install" dforce on your card, thats only the first time, when you use dforce the first time, don't worry about that 🙂

    Make sure to reinstall the newest driver, AND restart the PC 🙂
    Sometimes a driver reinstall help, just check "reinstall" when you go to geforce experience driver centre.

    #1625584
    Errilhl
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Also, there is absolutely no difference between Studio Driver and Game Ready driver for _functionality_ in DAZ. There has been some performance gains with Studio Driver (potentially), but that isn't 100% certain.

    So which one you use is kinda irrelevant.

    #1625607
    globalrecession2009
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    I have searched on nvidia driver site and comes up with nothing for studio drivers, only game drivers for my card...
    And Spanky, when I use geforce experience and click on the icon that you mention (3 dots) It doesn't show me the option to choose studio or game driver like you show, it only says reinstall driver, which i have done a few times and still has no OpenCL support showing in GPZ-U.
    I must just have a card that doesn't support OpenCL

    #1625639
    GMGFX
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Heya Global,

    Let's try an experiment. Here's a link to the most up to date Studio driver from my Mega storage.

    Let me know when you got it so I can take it down. Also, if you don't want it let me know!

    See if it helps at all. I installed everything but the "experience" software mainly because its a bunch of stuff I don't use.

    The spec's and version # of your card should be able to handle dforce so its worth a try. There is an option for a clean install of the driver as well.

    -Schreck

    #1625640
    Errilhl
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Global: your card supports Open CL. There is no doubt about that. What you do have is either a defective card (possible, but not too likely), a defective driver, or a broken Windows installation. Checking Nvidia forums, it might seem that the latter is actually a rather common issue. Worst case, you might need to reinstall windows (from a reputable source, ie direct from MS).

    Before doing that, though, you should definitely test doing a DDU in safe mode, and let it wipe the slate clean, before reinstalling the Nvidia driver.

    #1625653
    globalrecession2009
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    I am on windows 7 pro 64 and the nvidia site has studio drivers for GTX1060 but only for windows 10.
    Schreck thanks for posting but I saw you driver was for win10 so i didn't download,
    I googled for hours and have come up with no answers.
    Its not a big thing, I can get by without it.
    Anyway, RTX 30 series is making me think it could be a good time....to get another system built around a new card 🙂

    #1625727
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    @globalrecession2009

    You don't need a new system.
    Cards are now on sale with big discounts since the new gen are nearly upon us.
    If you can get yourself at least a 2070 Super you'll be fine and everything will be quick.

    #1625730
    Errilhl
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    You... Are on Windows 7. *headdesk* slightly crucial info, no? Upgrade to win 10,and your problems go away. Jeezus fuck, win 7 is way beyond EOL, and Windows 10 has been out for over 5 years...

    #1625731
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    I sped past the Windowsz 7 bit.
    As @errilh said, get rid and downgrade to Windowz 10.
    Your 1060 should work fine after that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like