File naming & organizing

Home Page Forums General Chat File naming & organizing

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    PhantomF4
    Participant

I’m in a minority. I love smart content. I don’t always know what character, environment, or props are going to best convey the thought I want to visualize, so it’s nice to have the “buffet “ that Smart Content provides.

If you want Smart Content to show metadata for manually installed, it’s actually simple (although tedious, especially with a large library).

Drop down the Smart Content context menu ( the three lines in the upper right corner of Smart Content)

Select Content Database Maintenance

Check Reset Database

Select Yes for Keep User Data

After the Reset, go back to Content Database Maintainance

Select Reimport Metadata.

Continue when it asks what products.

That’s it!

silverboaX
    Participant

Something to keep in mind as well, is there are multiple content library dropdowns, you won't find poser content in the daz for mat dropdown, so a lot of ole environment stuff will be in pz format or be .obj files you'll need to look in the poser content dropdown for which is where it gets REALLY fun to find stuff. I'm at the point it's either DAZ content or I just make my own (or very rarely take the time to update some old rubbish and save it out as DAZ)

eelgoo

Yes, it is a bit of a pain tree hopping between the two, but for some products it is worth it.....others, not really. 🙂

Merlina
    Participant

Thanks for all the help. Some of them I realized were not from here, so they may not have been packaged well, I don't know. G3F not showing up though is odd and I will look into, considering I own that it should show up in smart content lol!

eelgoo

Well, I'm sure most folk here know my view of Smart content.
    It isn't going to work for any non Daz store item anyway.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like