Figured I might as well point this out for anyone missing Daz3dFree

Home Page Forums General Chat Figured I might as well point this out for anyone missing Daz3dFree

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lunabean
    Participant

Daz3dFree got taken down by Rawart among others, so the site is probably not going to return. It's a shame because they had a lot of really good content on their site. But here's the magic of the internet:
    The site still exists, and you can still access it. OwO

If you use the wayback machine (Here: https://web.archive.org/ For those who don't know about it) you can still access literally all of the content of the site up to Juna (sadly the way the wayback machine works it doesn't log every change to the site, but rather takes 'snapshots' of the site at certain points.) As far as downloading content is concerned, all you have to do is remove the 'web.archive.org' bit at the start of the links and the files can still be accessed... probably. I haven't tested every link for every item, but the ones that I have tested are working perfectly. But it can be finicky. The wayback machine saves different sections at different times, so a lot of the content is already lost.

I recommend you grab anything that Zonegfx doesn't already have and throw it up here since I'm not sure if these links will be accessible forever. The hosting sites could get requests to take down the content, or they might delete them with low or no activity.

Anyway, enjoy traveling through time! Sorta!

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Some of us were aware of the take-down. I've already used the wayback machine to try and see if there was anything on there that I needed/wanted but there is no search function and a lot of the pages have duplicate items when newer items were added and they were moved down the list. In all it's a frustrating browse but feel free to try and grab what you can if you need it. I guarantee that there are members here with more than that entire site's worth of content sitting on their hard drives though and most (if not all) of it will be on here in some form or another.

3Danimenut
    Participant

Daz3dfree definitely had it's perks, and it also had it's downsides....like EvilMonkey said it's only a matter of time, i've been slowly going over the Gigabytes's of stuff i got there, 95% of which is already available here.

Ethiopia
    Participant

The gent who (purportedly) ran Daz3dfree is on the Pirate Bay's forum talking about starting a private sharing venue on something called 'Discord'. I've used a variety of private sharing programs over the years and they all fail in the long run. Here's the discussion...

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Sharing-sites?page=14

Tomsk
    Participant

@not-hunter I can vouch for this 'Discord' site.

I've been with them for a few weeks and I can say that they are working very hard to build their database.

They have been in talks with Hunter with regards to having our files backed up too
    Check them out if you have the time 🙂

Tomsk.

Ethiopia
    Participant

@Tomsk,
    Recommendations don't come much better than yours. I've PM'd the gent (or lady) and will give it a go. There's a few items I've wanted to collaborate on and this seems like the perfect venue....hopefully.
    Thanks bunches for the suggestion,
    E.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I don't think "AldoRaine" is actually the guy behind Daz3DFree but rather he got in touch with him/her somehow and is spearheading the charge, so to speak. I've seen him on another forum (at least I think so) as "Lt Aldo Raine" and he seems like a chill guy. More places to acquire and share is always a good thing (for us) but Discord is a private service and they can ban your account for any perceived violation (although the Neo Nazis used it for quite a while apparently...). Take into account all the other information that they "could" be privy to and I'm a little sceptical but then again I'm just a jaded mother fucker.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone. Lt Aldo Raine here. I frequent this site more often than that forum. add me has a friend and ill send you invites. 😀 Hi Tomsk! Thanks for the kind words my friend.

rendra
    Participant

Invites to what?

Tomsk
    Participant

@aldoraine You're more than welcome my friend.

I'll be popping by today if you wanna chat 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, I want to address the concern @evilmonkey has about discord shutting us down. I've got multiple backup servers on separate accounts that mirror the first on standby. In the event of a server shut down. we simply migrate to the next... I'm a chess player, naturally, I'm always a few steps ahead. 😉

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Well I'm a human buckaroo player. What am I going to do next eh??? No one knows.

It's a good move to have backup servers and accounts, keep moving so they can't shut you down. But I've been part of far too many communities that just folded or got shut down so I'm just old and jaded. Also I don't really get Discord because I'm antisocial and forget all about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like