"website" taken offline apparently!

Home Page Forums General Chat "website" taken offline apparently!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm pretty sure DAZ know about this and the remaining sites.

If the site is hosted in a country that won't bow to U.S demands then they will find it almost impossible to take it down. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Merlina
    Participant

Demonoid is open, but I'm not getting any email for registration. I used one of my actual site emails too, not hotmail or anything:( I even hit to resend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Merlina

I'm not sure the mods at Demonoid are awake. You may have to wait for a while before your registration is accepted.

Nearly all the DAZ stuff on Demonoid is old. I remember when it was buzzing with life then taken down only to re-appear with a small audience. Then the same happened to KAT 🙁

NanoDot
    Participant

oops wrong post.

Ethiopia
    Participant

After a long run, a couple of pints, a snooze, and time to think about this, I feel that we're overreacting. I'm sure that Hunter has the place well in hand. If the worst does come to pass we'll regroup somewhere else and chat while Hunter does whatever necessary to get our beloved Zone up and running again.

I don't believe that it was Daz3D or the PA's that took that other place down. I've never known a PA to have the determination/money or where with all to pursue any pirate site, and I doubt that Daz3D would bother. We've been pirating their stuff since Possette days with Poser 1 and they've never done shit. They should know that they will never win the war, and the effort to take down any site will be a hollow and temporary victory at best. I'll bet that that other site went down on it's own; so many of them do; and they've just taken advantage of the situation to pin a false medal on their chest, perhaps to assuage the complaints of a particular PA.

johnsmart
    Participant

I really liked daz3dfree and I hate to see it go.

eelgoo

I agree with Ethiopia. That is a well reasoned & calm response.

🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@not-hunter I'm sure the admin/owner has all his ducks in a row and keeps backups of everything but it's not DAZ crowing about it being taken down. It's one artist posting on his facebook page and openly discussing it with other followers. There is literally nothing else out there about it and I only found out about the facebook post from a post on Suprbay. That information was up within a day of the site going down and it didn't go down prettily, it was like the database was wiped and the domain is still active.

@Tomsk
    or someone, can you change the title of this thread please? Change the website name for "website" or "pirate site" or some such as searching for the site brings this thread up pretty high in google search results. I obviously wasn't thinking when I posted this.

EDIT: Done!

Chooroscoe
    Participant

Glad I found this group! I'm new to Daz and I've been feeling this initial sting...it sucks! But from the sounds of it, you guys have been through this before. So I guess I'll hop on and ride it out with ya until some kind of resolution comes to fruition.

Ethiopia
    Participant

@Chooroscoe,
    Hi there, If you're new you might want to pop over to the Pirate Bay and download the big archives of content being shared by 'tymak99'. Watch Pirate Bay stuff carefully as there's lots of viruses in the downloads. They don't police stuff like Demonoid used to. 'DAZalot' is another trusted uploader of Daz3D and Poser stuff. These torrents are a quick way to build your collection of content.

Chooroscoe
    Participant

@Ethiopia
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'll follow your warnings and give those sites a look. I've always been hesitant about using torrents for the same reason.

Fallen
    Participant

I'm also new and I migrate over from daz3dfree, I have no idea where to start now that its gone I was just barely getting started. Kind of trying to get the hold of this place.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like