Daz / Product questions ?

Home Page Forums General Chat Daz / Product questions ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

Ive came across a Poser forum but, do not see Daz forum or a section dedicated to random product issues.
    Would this then default to general forum? Find it odd that Daz doesnt have a group unless the site is mostly Daz and Posers hang out in the smoking room.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

The forums are where most people post their issues, the groups are for talking about particular subjects or platforms and sometimes get a little neglected.

What's your issue and can someone help?

eelgoo

TBH I find the groups pointless.

As EM says for now best just to post here in the General Chat forum.
    If that becomes a traffic problem, perhaps we could ask @Hunter to set up a Help Forum?

@tomsk
    @monkseye

🙂

ADAM
    Participant

Ive DLed a ton of stuff. One being gens for V7,G8,G3 ect...from 3wolf.

Pretty much I can get everything else working but when I click on these it says I need to update UVs. Ive DLed the most current everything and ran included scripts but, still get the error that I need to update to the most current UV.

Im using the DAZ 4.10 and all files are on my D drive but the main program is on C Drive.

Next question(s) is that Ive got a few items that run off poser models. I installed poser then moved the models to D and uninstalled poser. I can get some models to work by loading them then applying morphs. Others not so much.
    Are there files of the Poser core/base models up for DL? Also is there an easy way to use models from poser in Daz?

Im in the middle of going through all old stuff and moving it to a new computer. No idea on all what I have but hope to find something that isnt already posted but so far, it seems the site is well stocked.

eelgoo

TBH the G8F version of the new gens is better & a lot less finicky.
    It is also backwardly compatible to G3F which is a big plus.
    I'm pretty sure I have seen it out in the wild somewhere.

Personally, I wouldn't bother messing with the native poser characters.
    They are no where near as good as G2F, let alone G3F or G8F
    V4 stuff will work OK in DS, but you will need to inject morphs.
    HTH
    🙂

ADAM
    Participant

Yeah old characters kinda suck but i wanted to try some old monsters with new shaders to see what the look like. Primaraly, ive had a few V4 characters tell me I was missing stephany petite morphs and I thought that was an old poser character the only real reason i went through the trouble of ripping out poser.

eelgoo

DS copes fairly well with Poser content, provided you have it in the Poser Runtime / Runtime folder.
    As you said, you will more than likely have to tweak shaders to get a satisfactory result though.

No Stephanie Petite was a lesser successful Daz character.
    I think she first appeared around the time of the V4 launch IIRC

ADAM
    Participant

ok thanks. Is she posted here? Or what might she be listed as, ill run a search on my HD.

eelgoo

Ah she was earlier than I thought.

There was a Stephanie Petite 3 which still listed at Daz.

There was a Stephanie 4, 5, 6 missed the G3F based version & we got her back in less than inspired form for G8F base.

Most of them should still be out in the wild, but none garnered any great support from vendors.

:0/

ADAM
    Participant

OK Ill rummage through my old stuff and see if shes hiding

eelgoo

IMO Stephanie 6 looked the best.

🙂

ADAM
    Participant

Here is my Issue(s) for my main problem. Effects all characters with this one guys mod.

ScreenShots

Just found Seph 6 on my HD so im gonna post a pic up once Im done with it.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Studio was initially designed to use Poser formatted items since there was no Daz/Studio (.duf) specific items for a while. I use Poser items almost exclusively and rarely have any problems. The Iray Uber shader works wonders on the old stuff and one can apply the new Iray shaders to specific parts. I have a huge collection of architecture, and various Vicky characters in numerous different outfits, all saved with Iray textures for easy and quick loading.

eelgoo

@d0gg0d
    As I said earlier, I think you would be better locating & using the V8 New Gens.
    It is a superior product, easier to use & backwardly compatible to G3F based characters.

Always be sure to have the character selected when you try to apply it.

🙂

ADAM
    Participant

Yes but I'm having the same issue with G-8. Its only with this product. I know that it works since others upload pictures however I have seen on the forums that a few are having the same issue. I was hoping that someone here might have encountered it and found a fix or may have heard of a fix.

Issues

The bottom error is happening when Gens are applied to vanilla G8. the boxes are to hide nudity. Its not a huge issue since most of my figures wear clothes but I have a few renders Id like to do nudes of. Also Ive got mild OCD when I can't get something to work.

Im might try to restructure DAZ files to see if it helps but, its only one product. Seems like a lot of work for something that should be simple.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like