Daz Models and their beauty

Home Page Forums General Chat Daz Models and their beauty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bobdawg
    Participant

Why does the Daz shop or any Daz resource keep making all of these beautiful people. Do you think this is realistic? when I walk around these are not the faces I see. I do not live in Los Angeles. there are a very small number of 'interesting' faces but they are few and far between. I'm sure that I'm not the first to grip about this but it is ridiculous. I would like to see more 'real' looking people offered. That's all.

Frank21
    Participant

I agree, and that goes for clothing too. Daz/Rendo has been promoting NVIATWAS since their inception, with a few exceptions but not many. Perhaps it's like TV and Hollywood where you'll rarely see normal looking people.

Legolas18
    Participant

I think Spows makes more mundane models.

Vicey3d on rendo used to make some more "real" girls too in the past, although now it's making more famous models.

As for Daz, I think they went quite hard on the "diversity" route with 8.1 . They had a tomboy, a woman with down syndrome and some other stuff I don't care to remember, but ultimately I don't really think that those sell as much as the pretty models.

Kefka
    Participant

I think Spows makes more mundane models.

About to make the same suggestions.

Also: https://www.renderhub.com/warloc - To get your everyday asian fix

And: https://www.renderhub.com/daxk - To get your everyday teen girl fix

And: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/vendor/ColorGaleria - To get your everyday guy fix

____Though honestly, if you manipulate the textures to any character, dial in some asymmetry, and make them overly heavy/skinny, you can turn even the most 'beautiful' characters into an 'average joe/plain jane'.

Spats
    Participant

@bobdawg Agree. Majority are fashion-model-centric, for both F and M. Not IRL-listic, unless in a Hollywood bubble or similar (the beautiful people, the beautiful peo-ple), though with tweaks can be made more so (per @kefka et al).
    Personally, I find the beauty part somewhat interesting, and am admittedly drawn to it. But yes, there is a different kind of beauty in "normal" or "plain"-ish chars, and more of them seem to be dropping over time.
    I find Bluejaunte characters to be of particular "everyday" detail and beauty. To a masterful level, really. And all very different and interesting looking, too, unlike some PAs who seem to build on a main base and don't stray very far from it with little variation.
    Sangriart and Kadaj15 also both get my vote for extreme range capability. Both tend to produce celebrity models more than everyday people, but both seem to pull it off at a very high and accurate level as well, while continuously putting out very different, very interesting characters. Not easy - marks of great artists.

bobdawg
    Participant

this is what i want see from daz models. is there a way to do this now? these IMO are ‘real’ amazing faces. different colouring, races, ages, it’s what i would love to have in my arsenal. the character study art i could do. sorry, I’m rambling. take a look at the site. you’ll see what i mean. why are these beautiful faces not in the wild? any one know how to score these?

VFace

Svenxxx
    Participant

They are, sort of.

The artist that Daz commissioned to make Victoria and Michael 8.1 used Texturing.xyz for the skin detail maps. As far as what you're linking, I believe Daz's shader/surface system fundamentally doesn't work most of the maps. I believe those are for Maya/3DS, Blender, probably CC, and maybe Unreal, etc.

You can fit them into your current maps on a model, but they're kind of a bitch to apply.

Frank21
    Participant

I'm not dissing beauty per se it's just that so many of the female characters look so much the same and generic. I particularly the Tuesday Weld look.... Dobie Gillis (showing my age), I guess it's her mouth, and not the high cheekboned long face look of so many Daz models.
    The lack of a decent face rig makes it all academic anyway. G8.1 expressions were a good improvement but we've got a long long way to go.

face

ADAM
    Participant

Which would you rather wake up to?

Me
    Participant

that's not the point. the point is which has the more interesting face. unless you want sleep with the daz models, but i assume that's not what you meant. 🙂

Frank21
    Participant

The first one looks 16 so I guess I'll have to sleep with the granny 😒. You never know, she might have some tricks to show me 😊.

eelgoo

The fact that there are some merchants that manage to get different looking realistic characters shows that it is possible.
    The flip side of that is if they are overdone, they often they don't appeal to the customer, so the sales don't result & the merchant doesn't do characters like that anymore.

The reason we have a disproportionate amount of 'impossibly perfect' characters is just a reflection of what sells, and a lot of merchants take the easy route & go for that.

Even then though, a lot of merchants end up giving their characters a family look, either deliberately or unintentionally.
    Whether that is a good thing or not is a personal opinion.

:0/

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

I agree I'd like to see more non-perfect ppl with non-perfect skin.

Abad
    Participant

It's an old problem that I've always encountered on daz models. Personally, I dedicate myself more to animations of my industrial designs for orthopedics and occupational safety. The distance between the reality of "a beauty canon" and "normal people" is in the minds of the creators. Obviously, a "pin-up" is sought more than an old woman with osteoarthritis, although I do not understand its purpose. And if an obese person is created, it is a parody in bad taste. As a capitalist motto says, "The Market rules...", sadly. For that, I use the "facegen", which, more or less, can "fool" Aphrodite herself.

InverseKinematics
    Participant

The problem I've found with the Genesis tribe is the DAZ morph as a base which is hard to work from if you want a really unique looking character. I just see Genesis somewhere in there despite the vendors good head morphs, or is that just me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like