Cheaper GPU deals popping up

Home Page Forums General Chat Cheaper GPU deals popping up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tucker
    Participant

I was on Amazon and was looking through the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" area. It would seem that recently quite a few 1080ti have been in there for greatly discounted prices. I suspect these are largely due to people with "buyer's remorse". That being people who either think the price of a 1080ti will drop greatly sometime soon, or people who are planning to get the 2080ti.

I noticed recent Amazon Warehouse Deals on 1080ti cards were about 30% less than the current new listings.

I noticed something like this happen a few years ago with RAM. When RAM was cheap, and computers were switching from DDR3 to DDR4 it would seem many people were buying the wrong RAM and returning it... Amazon at that time had lot's of RAM in the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" section, at great prices.

If you've thought about buying a higher end video card and want to save some cash this might be the way to go. These are new cards that have just been returned {read the info about Amazon Warehouse deals on their web site}. Here's how to find the deals and know when they are available:

Find the card(s) you are interested in, copy the URL, then head over to camelcamelcamel.com and paste the address into that site search. It will show you price history of that item on Amazon. You can then sign up for price alerts. [or install the "camel" plug-in {Firefox} and click on the camel icon (in the address bar) to see price history, and to set alerts.]

This will let you know when the card(s) you are interested in are available at a price that desirable to you.

Remember to ensure that your alert is being sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals (not some shady third party vendor).
    Remember to check whatever notes are listed under the "Condition" (eg. Damaged package, repackaged, cosmetic damage... etc)
    Read and understand FAQ about Amazon Warehouse Deals on their site (it might be different depending on where you live [eg. UK, USA, Down Under, The Great White North etc.)
    Remember to check your favourite Amazon competitor's sites too as Amazon isn't always the best deal.

I have bought a number of things from Amazon Warehouse deals... never had any issue.

1050ti card - worked perfectly, no box, no "badges"/poster. Had driver disc and manual
    8gb DDR3 RAM kit - worked perfectly, didn't notice anything different/missing
    4TB hard drive - Had to use DISKPART to ready the drive for use (previous user set it up wrong)
    Laminating Device - Worked perfectly, didn't notice anything missing
    Cropping Device - Worked perfectly. Didn't notice anything missing
    Laundry Detergent - Front label had damage, rear label (with instructions was perfectly clear)

EvilMonkey
    Participant

It's handy to know but I'm assuming you're talking about the US site and not any other regions. Not everyone lives in the USA.

Tucker
    Participant

Actually I was not talking about the US site. I am one of those who lives outside of the US.

EdnaCloud
    Participant

@ Tucker, good shouts and good advice and link, thanks very much.

StillDreaming
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up, @tucker!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like