Celebrity Series

Home Page Forums Request Celebrity Series

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

@adam Yes, some vendors are quite active in that regard.

Most accept that it is going to happen & there are even a few who view it as a form of free advertising.

Cruizeez94
    Participant

Does anyone have CS 96 yet? I can offer 500 points.

Please PM for points thanks!

Haven Hawkes
    Participant

Mr Thwaites visits here, he told me that himself. A year or so ago, Since I had purchased most of the CS figures, I had asked him about a bulk discount, like purchase 10 characters get 10% or something like that, Skin Flint that Adam T is, he of course gave me a flippant rude reply but then had the nerve to ask me if I posted one of items that I had purchased on ZoneGFX [I had not], I said "No, whatever is that? You mean people trade things for free?" Adman T, seems to have no sense of humor or the ability to recognize sarcasm; went on to explain what ZoneGFX is and said he had to monitor it to make sure no one was stealing his creations.Not sure if he was telling me this as a threat or just to brag.

So post his entire catalogue at your own risk.

There have been some very nice members who have helped fill in missing spots of my collection and they are very much appreciated.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

For what it's worth, I agree with the DAZ forumites on the identity of CS 97.

CS97

That's definitely Kate Moss.

Kate Moss

eelgoo

Definitely one of those ambivalent ones.

I am going for Jessica Chastain for 97, mostly because I prefer her looks. 🙂

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

It's the brows man. For all his faults, Thwaites almost always nails the eyebrows. That along with the freckles and it's pretty obvious. I'm sure if I dug around the internets long enough I could even find the reference image that he used in Facegen.

Either way, now is as good a time as any to repost my want list.

Still offering 5,000 points for each of the above.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

CS 99 is out and despite the fact I'm not at all familiar with the actress, I have managed to figure out who she's suppose to be, and that is Katherine McNamara... I've seen a few of the shows she's been in, but still didn't know her by name.

KMN

blah

Offering the usual 5,000 points for her.

Haven Hawkes
    Participant

I thought perhaps Adam would do something special for hitting 100 Celebrity Series figures, but then I remembered that we are talking about Adam Thwaites who seems to have as much creative enthusiasm as a turnip and so we get CS# 100, who the brain bugs at Daz3d say is supposed to be Grace Jones who appeared in Vamp, View to a Kill and Conan the Destroyer. Kind of, sort of looks like her but also a few other black actresses, so with Adam it is a crap shoot knowing who he actually intended to represent..
    cs100

Haven Hawkes
    Participant

On a side note will trade any [1] one of the Celebrity Series figures 1 through 100 for Anatomically Correct: Svetlana or Anatomically Correct: Claudia or Anatomically Correct: Vanessa
    ac c

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I would say it's a good guess that CS 100 is Grace Jones.

Is it a good likeness? Debatable...
    Would I use it if I had it? Probably not...
    Do I still want it? Absolutely!

Collecting these has become a sickness.

Haven Hawkes
    Participant

Celebrity Series 101 has dropped and the Daz-3d Brain Bugs proclaim her to be Elizabeth Olsen. I know how much the opinions of the Daz-3d Brain Bugs are appreciated here, but maybe in a vague sort of way CS 101 looks like her and would go along with how Adams usually does his characters ; which is sort of looks like but never exactly looks like the intended person. Anyway break out Wind River or Wanda Vision or better yet; Old Boy and compare.
    CS101
    Still willing to trade will trade any [1] one of the Celebrity Series figures 1 through 101 for Anatomically Correct: Svetlana or Anatomically Correct: Claudia or Anatomically Correct: Vanessa

Do the PM thing for wheeling and dealing.

Tyxta Tyxtiano Tyxtuelo
    Participant

I offer 3000 points for Celebrity Series 101 (Elizabeth Olsen)

PM for points

Dynasty
    Participant

@hhawkes I can't be the only one who thinks these don't look at all like the celebrities it's suppose to look like, right?

Like the Elizabeth Olsen one from the Celebrity Series is way off than this already existing model on the market:
    https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/lyzia-for-genesis-8-female/140527

eelgoo

Very few are dead ringers & I think this is deliberate.

Even the ones that you get folk saying 'this is definitely so & so' are often still open for debate & interpretation.

I don't think they are anything the worse for it though.

I tend to decide who I think appeals the most to me out of all the options & refine the morphs to suit that choice.

🙂

Haven Hawkes
    Participant

I have never ever said Adam Thwaites CS figures look exactly like the real life intended people. I sometimes mention what the Daz3d Brain Bugs pontificate, I rarely agree with that pompous collection of self important windbags decree as gospel. I do think some of Adams figures hit pretty close to the mark and some I try to figure out what mark he was shooting for.

But As much as I've spent on these, I can't complain too much.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 307 total)
  • The forum ‘Request’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post You Might Like