And the Winners Are - Pic Worth 1,000 Words Contest!

Home Page Forums Art Competition And the Winners Are - Pic Worth 1,000 Words Contest!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    La_Pucelle
    Participant

What a great contest! So many really great entries, made my job really difficult! A thousand thanks go to the many contributors of points to make this possible!
    ^^Will be giving these to @Hunter. Perhaps we will see some on the splash page, dunno.

***** Honorable Mention ***** 2,000 Points*****

@bavor
    ChrisB backrub

@jabaduhut
    Saved in the nic of time

@belarobert
    Terror in the Tomb

@WeAllDeserve2Dice
    Survival of the fittest

@fuzzy3000
    paul Memories

***** Third Place ********** 10,000 Points*****

@shadowdemonlord
    TJ - I especially liked the depth of field use on this one.

@gaver
    ninja. I could see the ninja about to carry out a dawn raid. I especially liked the lighting.

@Bebe
    Black Bird caper. I'm there. In that noir classic where the guys talk sharp and the dames know how to get what they want.

***** Second Place ********** 15,000 Points*****

@Spats
    La Danseuse (Detail03)

@lucafeelgood
    - Hungry Tourist. There's so much going on here visually. Loved the crowded walls and just interesting vibe of the pic.

***** First Place ********** 30,000 Points*****

@1138adrianmartinez
    -inside the locker. Love the whole vibe of the messiness and the expressions on their faces. Mop as a weapon is great!

***** Best Action ****** 30,000 Points*****

@Twiggi
    “Who’s the better poker player?” I could see a fight breaking out... or intense love-making... or maybe both This was a great action shot!

***** Best Pulled At My Heartstrings ** 30,000 Points*****

@d0gg0d
    ADAM - 1-2-3 Wow. What a powerful narrative. I love this story!

***** Best Made Me Think ***** 30,000 Points*****

@littleevie
    Eve Adams This is a Man’s World Ok, I admit it. I didn't fully see the picture until @jabaduhut said something about it and made me look a second time. A very nice image that has many layers to its story.

***** Best Collaboration *****30,000 Points*****

@lucafeelgood
    and daughter “Will work for food” Ok, this was just fun on so many levels. It made me smile and I immediately queued this up and started reviewing the pic. I can't tell you how much this made my day!

***** Best Use of Color **** 30,000 Points*****

@chaingun
    Druid’s Forest Nook I could feel the fall crispness in the air and the serenity of the character. I am normally a brite yellow, black and red type of person (ok, garish) But the subtle color use here was just wonderful.

***** Best Black and White ***** 30,000 Points*****

@Frank22
    -Aim’n High - This was in contention for Best of Show. Something about it really resonates. The choice of monochrome was brilliant.

***** Best of Show ***** 40,000 Points*****

@daniel45
    War. The lighting and coloring are great. I love the expression and general feel of the character. I was going to comment on the splash of yellow color was perfect - the little splash of color that many great classical artists used... when I realized it was the Ukrainian colors. It went from Best of Show to also Best in My Heart.

ADAM
    Participant

Thanks for the contest and the points. I enjoyed seeing all the entries. Thanks for all the donations as well.

I always like being pushed to make something other than naked barbies. Not that there is anything wrong with that 😉

Ethiopia
    Participant

My favourite is 'Aim'n High'.
    The scene and poses invite one to mentally explore a possible story leading up to this moment and beyond. Well done @frank22!

Bebe Rebozo
    Participant

Thanks for the contest and the points. Always great to see so many wonderful and varied entries, such creativity! Congrats to all who won!

Eve Adams
    Participant

Thanks to @lapucelle for another great competition. Thanks also to the generous points donors, and well done to all our winners.

gladson1976
    Participant

..a lot of awesome renders 🙂 ..you can literally feel the amount of thought and work (and time to render) that has gone into each of these..

..feeling bad I missed out on participating in this.. been a real hectic couple of weeks at work..

.. 'nyways there's always a next time.. 🙂

1138adrianmartinez
    Participant

Thanks @lapucelle and the rest of supporters.
    Congratulations to all the winners and all the participants.
    Love that you enjoyed my entry.

Thanks again.

gaver
    Participant

Thanks from me to @lapucelle
    And al the donors and parcipitants to. It is great to see how everyone has a different view on a theme.
    I will keep the points I won for donation of the next context.

Love the contest idea, think it is a nice "glue" for the community
    Until the next one .....

jabaduhut
    Participant

A lot of really great renders on this one. Thanks to everyone and especially Lapucelle for hosting this great contest with a really cool concept idea as the theme!

Frank21
    Participant

Well done everyone and a big thanks to Lapucelle for organising everything. The quality of entries gets better with every new comp.

ty

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

A huge thanks goes to @lapucelle for hosting the competition. Cheers to all the awesome artists who took part in this challenge. There are really great entries...
    It's always a pleasure to see what you come up with. Many thanks again. I look forward for the next challenge.

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

As always the quality keeps on improving.
    Thanks for the inclusion.

I was hoping to get a little more detail on the 'ghost' effect, but ran out of time.
    But still helps to push the learning curve.

It would be interesting to have a note included of how long the entrants have been DS users.
    Maybe a section of awards that encourage those that have less experience but still make a good effort given their more limited time.

Well done to all. Wonder what the next challenge will be?

🙂

Daniel45
    Participant

Hello all,

And particulary to "La Pucelle" who launch this contest.
    I'm very glad you like my work.

All aspects of this picture were made with things from here (Assets and tools).
    So I have to thank's the Zone and all the members.

As I've "cheated" with Blender.
    The mininum I can do is to put the earned points at disposal for the next contest.
    (I just have to find how to do).

I also invit everyone to make the step, and put MD and Blender in their workflow.
    You will discover a new world.

Daniel.

Spats
    Participant

Another great contest with great creations and contributions. Thanks to @lapucelle for another wonderful event, and for pts. (More points collected... more points for the next contest contribution.)
    Did not intend for separate detail shots of original entry to be other/additional entries, but glad to have participated and placed. Much appreciation for the appreciation.

Congrats to all the winners and big appreciation to the ever generous donors and everyone entered.

chaingun
    Participant

First of all, thanks so much for the kind words and hosting this event @lapucelle!
    I'm flattered to be among the winners, and really did not expect it, as my render wasn't the most "on-topic" one, and the subject is definitely not my strong point in photography either ("candid photography").

Good job @Daniel45! As for the Blender encouragement, I will also look that way in the future.
    I would like to one day compete in a ZoneGFX Blender render contest, or maybe in a few more years, an Arnold/Renderman or Maya one? Who knows 🙂

I wanted to answer to @fuzzy3000, as experience is always interesting to know about when comparing work. In my case, I've touched Daz3D for the first time in December 2021, and while I think I've come a long way since then, there is still a long way to go.

Congratulations to everyone! It was very nice to read about each work and its story, as well as the commentary from our organizer 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like