A Reasonable Time?

Home Page Forums General Chat A Reasonable Time?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mona
    Participant

@Zemlon I am genuinely baffled by your perspective. OF COURSE people should be able to get more content than they provide, that's the whole point of piracy is to decentralize ownership and access to content. If you have something that someone else doesn't, then put it in as many hands as possible and make it available, otherwise what is the point even? Just acknowledge that in piracy, leechers will always vastly outnumber seeders *by design and intent*. It's always been this way, and is supposed to work this way. One person buys a CD, or DVD, or Video game, or 3d model, or whatever, and gives it out freely to *everyone*, *forever*. That's the way it's supposed to be.

I say this as someone who's been in the piracy scene since we were doing IRL swaps of floppy disks, when I buy something that I share (thus far, 100% of my store purchases have been shared, on the blog, if they weren't already there before I got them), I buy it for anyone else who wants it. Why try to control/stop it? It's literally what you signed up for as a pirate.

As far as dealing with reupping...maybe have stuff that gets taken down be reposted without a link to the mega account directly, but to the user hosting it? That way, we'd both be able to keep them up longer, and also detect/deal with the users who are getting them taken down more easily. More hassle in the short term, but better vetting in the long term?

IDK, I feel like part of this community wants to be like the old warez scene, where you have to know a guy who knows a guy to get in, and you gotta put in some top-tier whatever to get access. But part of that was that, after it was shared in the scene, it was shared all over.

Maybe turning requests into group buys, but having everything bought by the group be handed over to the blog/disseminated is the way to go. *really* decentralize ownership.

ADAM
    Participant

Heres one that keeps popping up thats been filled.
    (https://zonegfx.com/forums/topic/re-becca-woolett-for-g8f/page/3/)

3DArtist2k22
    Participant

I am going to go for a month (Maybe two) as well, as vendors will quit making products if they can't sell due to their work being undermined by being shared too early; as the effort will definitely lose its worth for the author!

CerealPirate
    Participant

I use to get all butt hurt and some of the models I have edited and uploaded took me quit some time only to see them jump to other sites mere hours after I posted them. but honestly ... this is an outlet for my art ... some place for me to share how far I have came. I dont have much time anymore since I dove head first into my new career but when I come home to Zone and still see my art up and get the messages that people are still buying my models here ... its kinda nice. we have a great fam here. and yes there are moles, trolls and fuck tards but for the sound members here we call this place home. just like in the real world we cant pick and chose our neighbors. so as a long time member and custom rip/creator bring the models when you feel the time is right .. but worrying about points will ruin your Zone experience. - The one and only CerealPirate -

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

@CerealPirate : You're not alone, at least not anymore. 🙂

As for the original question, give it 2-4 weeks. Let an honest vendor make some money, and let the buying masses be the beta testers.

wallyburger
    Participant

Yep. I'd be ok with anything from 2-4 weeks.
    I'm assuming by donated you mean request fulfillment?
    If not, then just throw them up asap.
    If you mean new original content, I'd wait until the requests start flooding in at least.
    Give the creator a decent chance.
    I made a custom morph some time ago and it was on pirate sites after just 2 sales.
    It didn't worry me as I didn't do it for dollars in the first place.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like