A Reasonable Time?

Home Page Forums General Chat A Reasonable Time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

How long do you consider a reasonable amount of time before a donated item should get posted to the blog?

A: As soon as possible
    B: A week ( the current ruling )
    C: 2 weeks
    D: A month
    E: Not bothered about public posting, I would rather have an exclusive club.

Please reply with your views.

Cage
    Participant

It's a better time frame for publishing artists to make sales than the 2 weeks I suggested at first. It gives the fillers more time to post it to the blog. To get point offers if they are so inclined. And hopefully it increases the output to the blog, which can't be forced, unless we wanna push people away. Could maybe increase the amount of participation in the request section which would boost the amount of requests being filled and have more items available.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

D: A month is ok for me. I am not a collector. If I really want something I pay my points.

happy
    Participant

B: A week ( the current ruling ) BECAUSE IT BLOCKS OTHERS POSTING ASSETS hear and not no other forums ?

gilthunder
    Participant

A month is a good time for both the seller and the filler to earn money and points. After then every zonegfx users should be able to access the assets for 50 pts.

yngvarr
    Participant

C

warrant63

D: A month, but

- After a request is filled you are not forced to publicly share it.
    - There is no grace period, so if you fill something and want to keep it as a private share, other folks from the request thread not going to share it (only if they [or someone outside from the request thread] bought a copy from that item)
    - The public posts for new stuff from big stores should be always in the upcoming section with 1 month countdown (so everyone can see what's up).
    [Edit: Obviously the part below only works if the filler doesn't want to be anon]
    - If you can't wait for 1 month (maybe the thread got filled too fast, so it wouldn't be too fair for everyone) you can PM the original filler from the original request thread for a "private copy".
    - After a request was filled (you posted it, and it's still spending its 1 month cooldown), if someone would like to get a "private copy" from you via PM, you need to accept any amount of Pts offer for it - probably with a minimum 50Pts or 100Pts limit (so this way folks cant farm points endlessly)
    - PM sending should be tied to some minimal requirement, so the leecher site accounts (which don’t do anything – just cash in the daily reward and unlock the new public posts) cant hijack the items from the filler and post them on their sites.

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

D.
    I agree with @Warrant63

eelgoo

@warrant63

Not all postings are as a result of a request, in fact these days few are, which is a potential issue for a public sharing site, which is what this is intended to be.

Does anyone ever look at the 'Upcoming Section'?

I take it you mean a maximum 50 or 100 points limit, or it doesn't restrict points farming at all!

Minimal requirement on PM ????

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

the upcoming section needs work so that when the product is available it moves to the main blog, it's a pain in the *ss going through stuff that should already be on the main blog.

KonoDioDa
    Participant

@warrant63:
    "There is no grace period, so if you fill something and want to keep it as a private share, other folks from the request thread not going to share it (only if they [or someone outside from the request thread] bought a copy from that item)"

I have a question here dude. Do you mean the thread is filled by "anon" where you can write in the thread and hopefully you can offer points for that item or are you talking about keeping a request thread opened while some of the users already were sent the item in private? Wondering this.

And in the 2nd case... How are you going to verify that it was a new copy purchase and not the previous one? Asking cause I don't know :/.

"The public posts for new stuff from big stores should be always in the upcoming section with 1 month countdown (so everyone can see what’s up)."
    TOTALLY AGREE AT THIS. Can't say the times I purchased things that "ok, I will test it, looks more or less good" that if I knew it was already purchased by someone willing to upload here, won't buy them or buy another ones...

Between D and E but:

D) Time enough for creators to get money and I think that all of us here (and I'm looking more at the buyers) should accept that items will be 100% shared at sometime and if they somehow (to protect theirselves from DAZ, etc) don't want the item to be shared here in a public way, please, don't fill the item, simple as that.

Being said that, in my case I've NEVER shared anything that wasn't 100% my purchase even grace period ends or not. And won't do it in the future since it's my way of do the things, good or not. (Hope it makes sense).

E) Want to see where this leads. Could be interesting can't deny it.

Damn. I dont know.

warrant63

@davizca87
    I know that there is no grace period 😀 but nevertheless, you can find posts about this in the request threads, that's why I've included it.
    Obviously what I've written was just a brain-fart idea, and it was for the best-case scenario, and I know that we can't verify the poster/buyer question, or we can't do anything if the filler wants to be anon, or with the question that what happens if an item's link during it's 1 month cooldown dies (and the poster disappears.)

As @eelgoo said, we can't make everyone happy with these things, but we need to find a solution because the number of public posts is decreasing (and the main reason for new people to come here are the public posts).
    And we can come up even with Skynet controlled rules and points system, but someone would need to develop and work on that, and this is still a free site with volunteers, so we need to stick with easy solutions 🙂

Sorry, I have too much free time today 😀

warrant63

Btw the exclusive club would be interesting in terms of "group buying" mega bundles and other expensive items.

mxyzptlk
    Participant

I'm with @Zemlon
    E all day every day. Except anonymity shouldn't be allowed for request filling.

The fact that this is considered an issue makes me chuckle a bit.
    I have noticed that the vast majority of folks with an issue here are non-contributors. The ones with the loudest voices don't have a single sale in their history.
    "Why hasn't "item X" been shared to the blog, yet?!?"
    "This isn't fair!"
    "There are rules here, dammit!"
    "This is a share site! You should be sharing with me!"
    or one of my personal faves...
    "If you are a member here, you should be sharing your purchases here"
    Each of those comments have been made in a forum thread by a non-contributor.

To all the non sharing DBs out there...If YOU aren't sharing, YOUR opinion on this subject means less than ZERO to me. In my opinion, you don't get a voice in the matter.

There are several reasons why a request fulfilled item may not make it to the blog.
    1) There are still outstanding payments to be made on the item
    2) It is a rare/niche item.
    3) A request has been made by the author of the product that their item not be posted to the blog.
    4) It was an expensive purchase
    5) Chemo brain is a real thing. It is possible an item might have been forgotten, plain and simple.

Those are all reasons that have applied to me, at one point or another.

As for a reasonable time...it is 2 days or infinity. That is up to the supplier, period.

Listen, I know this is a sharing site. However, sharing is a 2 way thing. It doesn't mean only some people share. Just like you can't control whether someone shares, you also can't control HOW I share.

I know I will likely be attacked for voicing my opinion...no stranger to it. We can't let a sharing site be steered by non-contributors.

Eve Adams
    Participant

D works fine for me.

I would take option E and bludgeon it to death with a baseball bat, then I'd lob it down a deep, dark, hole, drop rocks on it, and fill the hole up with concrete... just to be sure. I'm not a fan of "exclusive" clubs, but if you're looking for a way to kill the site, then limiting who can have access to the assets, is the way to do it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like