3D Ripper Pro....again?

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 3D Ripper Pro....again?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2177107
    Ethiopia
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    3DRipper Pro v108 (2026-June) + License


    This was posted here a couple of months ago and it didn't work....at all.
    Has someone checked that THIS one is legit and working?
    Thanks.

    #2177172
    Cobra
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    I donwloaded it, and it somewhat works, but my difficulties may just be my fault because I've never used it before. When installing it, you're supposed to download and run some tools, but you'll get a message saying it doesn't recognize a command or the command is invalid. However, when you actually run the app you can download stuff from Sketchfab (wasn't able to get it to work on anything else).

    #2177176
    PeepShow45
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank Overload

    Thanks, Cobra, I was curious about this myself.

    #2177191
    Ethiopia
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Thanks, Sketchfab is the only one I'm interested in anyway.

    #2177209
    thelegendmanmyth
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    The program works, but it also somehow posted an ad on my deviantart account. Some accounts on reddit says its no virus and that its safe. Those accounts are likely hacked or alternative accounts. I'm guessing it steals your session cookies... I kinda got spooked so I wouldn't trust this completely.

    #2177230
    Ethiopia
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Those download requests that Cobra encountered are probably the ad loaders.
    Thanks for the heads up on that. Another scam attempt.

    #2177259
    Josie
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    There are scripts for an addon called Tampermonkey and usually those work for whatever site they are made for, but you also have to keep checking for updates in case it fails. Usually the ones that work access any pages that load a model you can rotate in a viewer. Like on Sketchfab or even sometimes Artstation. Unless the model is not for sale anywhere, I tend to not Tampermonkey. If it can be downloaded already, I just use the native downloader. But if for some reason they can't be reached, don't sell it, and decided to just show it off instead of sharing it (especially with game rips) I'm grabbing it.

    Also, sometimes I find out the same stuff is on https://p3dm.ru anyway. Once in a while there are some gems on https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com and all you really need is an skp importer for Blender. I've discovered a few hard to find reference models so I could rebuild them that way.

    Some STL host sites have decent models, but only for reference IMHO. Usually they have way too much subdivision to be any use for games or DAZ, so they have to be recreated or go through painstaking retopology. Anyway Thingiverse, Printables, and Cults can often have decent enough models for reference rebuld. Sometimes they even have low poly stuff but rarely. People uploading there have a bad habit of making stuff over 1 million polys.

    For environments you can sometimes find stuff on Grabcad.

    https://open3dmodel.com has a lot of architecture, interiors, and furniture suitable for use in DAZ.

    I know I'm rambling, but there are plenty of other ways to get models that don't require a plugin or program.

    #2177470
    3Demon
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    For what it's worth, I learned recently that there are methods for using add-ons and developer tools for Chrome and Firefox for ripping WebGL models from 3D sites. I haven't tried it and there are most definitely additional complications for conversion to .obj (et al.), but it's supposedly doable. See your local AI for details.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like