100% activity after copying is done

Home Page Forums General Chat 100% activity after copying is done

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

@mistapropella

I am very pleased you have sorted your issues.

Yes, keeping things neat & organised does help.
    A spring clean ( reinstall ) is sometimes a good option.

🙂

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

Hi,
    When you are noticing that the file copying is still active [even though it should have stopped], have you tried to eject the drive - via the 'safely remove' option in the Tray?
    it will not do so if it cannot end the process, so no damage, but might force action to end and eject.

eelgoo

@fuzzy3000

It seems the crisis is resolved. 🙂

LicoriceLover
    Participant

It's an internal drive so no option to safely remove it. But as eelgoo mentioned, the crisis is resolved.

super santos
    Participant

I have the same identical drive, seagate 4TB 2cv104. I had the same issue as soon as I started using the disk, but I managed to solve somehow (if I recall by reformatting with 512 kilobyte cluster size)..
    the problem with this disk is that it's a SMR one, while most of the disks are PMR (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingled_magnetic_recording): you can read more online but there's quite a debate about manufacturers selling SMR disks without clearly stating it, because they are less performing when you need to edit and read smaller files..
    Also - because of the dimensions of the disk 4Tb on 2.5'' - it has only 5400 RPM; I wouldn't recommend using this disk for software or for daz; I use it for backups and downloads..

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like