ZBrush

Home Page Forums Art Showcase ZBrush

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gaver
    Participant

Don't know if this falls within the sites parameters, but since I see some AI to. First attempt at Zbrush, sculpting with virtual clay. Still just fiddling around, getting the hang, finding my way, but nice prog
    No bigger pic 🙂

nullified
    Participant

While getting frustrated ( because of my mother-in-law talking more than my actual griendfriend herself who does not know when to shut up either:) ) what time did it take you to get this result, is it all from scratch or started with a of any begin model? And would daz3d import this the way it is as seen depicted? No pun intended

Cheers dude

gaver
    Participant

I do not know if you are familiar with ZBrush, but I started with a Dynamesh Sphere 128.( If not it is a " ball of clay" with a certain amount of divisions{vectorpoints})
    It should be possible to at least export the obj and import that into DS.
    I know you can make UV maps(Zwrap > plug in), texture sets etc in Zbrush, There is a GOZ that functions as a bridge between Photoshop or other programs.
    Ad what I have seen, people use other software for the colouring like Substance paiter

So yes there is a lot possible.
    Took me about an hour to do this

All and all there is a lot to learn, understand and remember. It will keep me busy for a while.
    Greetz gaver

nullified
    Participant

Thanks for your clear reply, i have tried zbrush for a while but could not even make a sphere in it, well not literally ofcourse, but seeing what people can make with it, and your creation in about an hour, i will give it a try again i think. especially the shaping seems to be easier than in any other program i know of, still not too easy but if it was too easy then everyone would and could create characters on the fly, making it less of an achievement i guess, and very true, in the worst case scenario it will keep you of the streets or anything likewise the same, but you have not taken any course in it then right or?

gaver
    Participant

I to have struggled with Zbrush in the past, I have know of this prog for at least 20 years. So I downed e tutorial, but like a real man, as soon as I understood how to use the tools, I stooped watching ...
    But it is so complex ( it was made by programmers, not software developers, so the UI is ...what shall I say...confusing at best)
    So I will have to look at the vids again, but I must say that the second time around, I actually understood what they where talking about at least LOL
    If you into creating I would advice to at least learn the basics, and then look up things as you come to it.
    Above all, have fun!

nullified
    Participant

Thanks dude much appreciated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like