Who Was Legendary? Contest Winners Revealed

Home Page Forums Art Competition Who Was Legendary? Contest Winners Revealed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    La_Pucelle
    Participant

WOW! I am so happy to see the variety of takes on the theme! A great turnout of entries!

Thanks! to @Frank21 @plebby @gladson1976 @Ethiopia @liwic @adelasia and @enjoyify – the points pool ended at 60,000 points!

To start off...
    Frank21 gets MINUS a million points for this pic. I couldn't sleep after seeing this!

Let's start this with a firey entry from @ewlo for 2,500 points. I think they must be wearing asbestos clothes - owie!

Next, also for 2,500 points, is @recktat19 with But That’s My Wife! Oh man, what a great scene!I love the placement of the husband and his expression!

@silberwulf
    made it tough to decide but I chose "Regret" as my favorite. I mean... waking up in the morning next to a corpse is something we all can relate to, am I right? Gave me some good, creepy heart-string pulling.

ADAM gave us a powerful Orc with a surprise prize inside for 2,500 points. Ok, now you have to share... what is that hidden thing?

Speaking of orcs, for 3,00 points, @legolas18 gave us one that I wouldn't want to meet in a dark woods or any woods for that matter! Wow! What a strong presence!

@yngvarr
    posted the first entry which is good for an extra 1,000 points! Gaining 3,000 points, I loved Kitsune - there was great depth in the pic and I liked the palette of the backgound with the character a lot!

But wait! There's more!
    I had to also give One Sad Fairy also 3,000 points! Such a poignant look, I love it!

Frank21 earned 3,000 points for Honey. It just made me smile and so much going on. Excellent work!

There was a cool looking group of adventurers brought to us by @gladson1976. The Companions of the Hall (Forgotten Realms) gained 4,000 points and and and extra 1,000 points for the backstories. Awesome characters with awesome looks!

@enjoyify
    gave us a companion story also with An Elf and Her Familiar for 5,000 points. I love the action and just look at the glint of the tip of the sword! Astounding! I love it!

Bebe Rebozo earned 5,000 points for Kong! What a great render. Loved the DoF on the planes gives them movement!

Talk about kismet, I was so ready for a Storm Goddess! I had just spent an afternoon of listening to Otyken (check out 'Storm' for a visual/musical treat) when Feng Po Po by Eve Adams popped up. Awarded 5,000 points, she was powerful, exotic, and just what I needed! Thanks for sparking my imagination!

@lucafeelgood
    , what can I say about Fairy Fae! The lighting is superb and makes me envious. I am transported there and want to know more about the ship coming, is it friend or foe?! Love it and awarding 5,000 points!

For the 'Hurts My Heart' Frank21 comes in again with Immortal Kiss. Her hand over his mouth like that and the expression - makes me want to cry. I love it!

Ok... soooo... I like making portraits. It's sorta my thing to do - I have hundreds I've made in files. When I saw the Special Grand Prize winner, awarded 10,000 points, I learned something new and I love it! @tunamcbutter gave us Bastet. I love the lighting - excellent - and the outfit is amazing... but what I learned was... eyes closed. I never thought of that. It is so powerful and simple at the same time. Thank you for teaching me and doing it beautifully!

Well... I want to thank again @Frank21 @plebby @gladson1976 @Ethiopia @liwic @adelasia and @enjoyify for helping with the prizes and especially thanks to all that entered - what an amazing group of pics!

Legolas18
    Participant

Congrats peeps! And @lapucelle thanks for organizing this competition!

liwic
    Participant

Great work everyone, you all made some really awesome images!

gladson1976
    Participant

When I saw Bastet, I already knew nobody else stood a chance 😀
    Simple yet elegant..
    Congratulations @tunamcbutter

PS: I was a bit swayed when @enjoyify posted the Elf and her Familiar

Really enjoyed all these and thanks to all the folks who took part..

PPS: I think a lot more people would participate if the forum wasn't hidden.. think a lot of people don't even know about this forum.. actually I didn't pay much attention to this forum before the Christmas in July contest..

Ewlo
    Participant

Everyone make an awesome work! I learned a lot from them.

Also, I agree with gladson1976, these art contest (just like the others I saw) are hidden or at least it can't be found easily.

Ewlo
    Participant

Everyone make an awesome work! I learned a lot from them.

Also, I agree with gladson1976, this art contest (just like the others I saw) are hidden or at least it can't be found easily.

Bebe Rebozo
    Participant

Thanks for running this! Well done to all the winners and entrants! and a big thanks for considering Kong worthy!

ADAM
    Participant

Thanks for the contest and the contributions. Some nice pics got submitted.

The Icewind Dale and Dark Elf books are some of the few storylines I read completely through.

ADAM
    Participant

@Ewlo

It has been brought to the MODs attention multiple times that the forum listing setup is a mess and that the contest section is hidden and easily looked over.

They either dont care or are unable to fix it. Ive seen talk of a server move so maybe they will update the site then.

Frank21
    Participant

Awesome contest @Lapucelle and great works from all the contestants.

Adelasia
    Participant

Great contest @Lapucelle my favorite subject and wonderful art from everyone 🙂
    Congrats to all the winners and all that participated !
    It was inspiring to see all the artwork 🙂

oro70233
    Participant

I have a feeling that image that won the competition was generated by AI!!!
    The quality of render is very poor in close up. There is no visible 3D graphics atributes like geometry. Jewelry pieces are wirdly connected

please. Can somebody identify the clothes that appeared on the artwork?

In my opinion, there is no place for AI graphics in our competition. In future tournaments, I suggest that the creators include link to used items in the description.

if my concerns prove to be true. I urge the winner to return the prize

Frank21
    Participant

Yep it's a contentious issue in the art community so that's why I made it clear my little vampire fae wasn't an entry.
    Nevertheless there was no rule that stated the submitted image/s had to be DS/Poser/3D or otherwise.
    Next person who runs a comp should make the rules clearer one way or the other with regard to AI artwork.

enjoyify
    Participant

Thanks for another fun contest, @lapucelle! The broad theme was very fruitful.

So many great images! Special shout out to the @lucafeelgood steamboat and @Frank22 vampire. I was very impressed with those two in particular.

Congrats to @tunamcbutter! Was that made from Midjourney or something else?

TunaMcButter
    Participant

Perhaps I will do something i dont typically do here is part of my process

image-2022-09-15-235215680

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like