Whats up with the post quality lately...?

Home Page Forums General Chat Whats up with the post quality lately...?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angel_twins
    Participant

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but lately I only see stuff that looks like they are coming from 20 years ago. There should be a way to filter those out like not show stuff from V3 and V4.

Feymarcher
    Participant

Because, believe it or not, people still want to look for and use older items. And there are items, like the Wear Them All sets, SickleYield's Genesis 2/3 for Genesis, and Generation X2, that make using these older items -clothes, props, characters, etc.- for newer figures a lot more enticing. Plus, there's some types of clothes or items that have never been remade or redone for newer generations. And it's amazing what you can make look nice and new with an Iray shader, too.

Not to mention that sometimes, often without warning, a lot of the older items (which IMHO can sometimes be better than stuff put out nowadays) vanish. Daz in particular has been culling some of their inactive PAs lately, and with it, a bunch of items have vanished into NLA land. I feel these items should be preserved and spread, and not forgotten.

It's not like the new shinies are not being posted entirely here, but I gotta be brutally honest: it's getting more and more expensive to buy the new shinies in general, especially with the average prices gradually going up year after year. This isn't just endemic to Daz's store, but I've seen it happen at Rendo, too.

Slackwave
    Participant

I totally agree with NotEnoughRupees about prices (your nickname says it all btw) but I'd like to add that all major stuff (new figures like G8F, G8M and major derivatives like Josie 8) are still shared here only a few hours after they're released on the market. I am talking about Pro Bundles which costs over 80$ each, knowing that most G3 clothes/props/morphs can be VERY easily transfered to G8, we still have a solid source for decent stuff IMO.

Tomsk
    Participant

In my opinion a lot of the newer stuff just does not have that quality that some of the older stuff had. It all just feels second grabe to me, formulaic.

That said, I too agree that the prices these days are very high and you have to take into account that we're just coming out of one holiday season and into another, so funds will be tight for many!

Techsnoop
    Participant

I agree the environments and props I want are all really expensive. Even though I have a PC membership, the sales never last long enough for me to scrape together some funds. The last time I did, someone else had posted the items I bought before I could. Most of the posts here lately are either figures or adult only which I'm not interested in. So, I'll continue to plod along as I am able. If I manage to get something before it's posted, I'll be happy to share. Happy rendering!

eelgoo

I think it is a reflection of life generally, that at any given time, there are good, average & poor examples of everything.

There is good, average & bad stuff, both new & old.

Keeping nice NLAs available was my main motivation in getting involved in the free sharing society. 🙂

I can't pretend I am not seduced by the better quality new shiny that pops up though. 😉

Sunny
    Participant

For myself, having my hours cut by half, my hourly rate dropped by $4 an hour, paying nearly a third on top of the price because of the $ difference, utilities etc all going up, something has to give and for me it was buying as much just had to go. Cant justify the high prices on daz etc just for a hobby and there is a lot of older content that is just as good as the new stuff. Pretty sure I am not the only one here that's spending power has dropped with the way the economy is

Ethiopia
    Participant

I just prefer Vicky Four and her wardrobe. Just because the greedy, self serving, short sighted, monopolistic scumbags at Daz say it's better, doesn't mean it is.

Feymarcher
    Participant

@not-hunter ... I think you enjoy that hate boner a little too much, man.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like