Vendor Migration

Home Page Forums General Chat Vendor Migration

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

I find it interesting to see vendors move from one site to another & sometimes back again.
    The reasons behind it intrigue me a little.
    Is it purely a financial thing, to do with support or the type of wares in the store?
    Probably more often than not I suppose it might be a combination of factors.

For instance Brahann was at RDNA, when they sold out to Daz he opened a store there, but that hasn't seen much activity. Then he opened a store at 'Rosity, which seems to get regular updates.

What prompted me to post was seeing the recently returned EichornArt ( Fenrissa to the older hands 😉 ) apparently moving her store from 'Rosity to Daz.

🙂

EdnaCloud
    Participant

When I become a vendor I will let you know 😉

eelgoo

I had hoped that would generate a bit of discussion.

🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

I've been friends with people that have products in both Renderosity and Daz. As far as I can tell, Daz is way more picky at the products that they sell.
    They also keep a rather kids friendly profile, so anything a little on the "wild side", gets rejected.

eelgoo

Prudish, I would call it.
    I like to properly see the mats of what I am buying.
    They could hide it behind a Parental Advisory screen, like 'Rosity do.

:0/

Bot101
    Participant

Ahem, if I may weigh in...
    Methinks the grandiose attitude exhibited by artists such as Adam celebrity series Thwaites that it probably has more to do with hissy-fits of some sorts more than anything to do with economics or talent.

eelgoo

I think to a large extent, you may be right there, Arthur.

Artistic temperament! 😉

ADAM
    Participant

Could be they are testing where they are getting more hits.

If I were a vender, id see which site generated more profit.

I would also think the item being sold would matter. Im sure some types of characters sell better on different sites.

3dDevil
    Participant

Without revealing too much myself/sources, I'll just put this out there...

A lot of Renderosity (and other smaller stores) vendors are enticed to/by Daz, when their products become popular. Unfortunately for them, Daz has a tendency to screw their vendors in a variety of ways. Unless they are the 'golden children' of Daz, then eventually they go back to where they came. Even the golden ones are not exempt from being screwed over.

If you could have a peek inside the vendor forum, you'd be really surprised how some of the popular vendors talk about customers, as well as vendors/stores outside of Daz.

eelgoo

Not pleasantly surprised, I takeit! 😉

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like