Trainspotting

Home Page Forums Art Showcase Trainspotting

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gaver
    Participant

Are you sure....?

link

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

A typical “I have nothing to do” render. Quickly grab a chick a bed and bang some objects together. Objects sink and float in the room. Photoshop comes in and tries a DOF and light or shadow correction. . .Not really your best render. BTW I do not like guns.

gaver
    Participant

Each to his own.
    Did photoshop indeed,tried to use canvasses.
    to bad it looks like quick grab, took me a while.
    Tried to light up the eyes because last pics lacked that
    Did some adjusting to the xpression, tried different angles and lighting.
    But some things come out better then others, such is life

Kefka
    Participant

I think this is your second best render behind 'We Got a Runner'. IDK what Luca is talking about. The DOF blur attempt isn't the best but until you learn how to in studio, it suffices.

The bed scarf could have been converted to Dforce and play a small animation timeline with the items slightly above. Maybe about 15 frames. At frame 15 move those items in place. That way you are getting some collision and they won't be clipping/floating.

I think using bloom in this render would have really added some atmosphere but I'm not so great at using bloom either, so I can't help there.

Eyes look really good, too. The scene is somber and the expression matchs. This reminds me of some movie but I can't remember the name. Is she supposed to be Kim Basinger?

gaver
    Participant

Thank you.
    I geuss we al have out preferences, and it is Luca's vision.
    She is not supposed to be anyone.
    I started out with the idea of a stood up date, but while fiddeling around, I got this "gangstergirl"feeling, so went there.
    IF I work with clay , this happens to, kind of organic growing
    II made the link with trainspotting personally, but ...everyone has different connotations , which is a good thing, else life would be pretty boring

Frank21
    Participant

Yeh dForcing the bedding would have helped with the poke-through. I don't particularly like the character but that's purely my personal preference.

diviniren
    Participant

Neat! Gives off some Michelle Pfiefer vibes!

enjoyify
    Participant

The eyes make the render. Her eyes are sultry and alluring. Great work.

This would be a good practice scene imo. Try it again with some of the advice above: use Daz DoF, some bloom, make the items sink into the bed, try some dForce cloth, have her necklace fall more naturally, etc. Overall I see your technical ability improving quickly. 🙂

gaver
    Participant

Kind words Ify, thank you
    There is so much to find and figure out...
    So many sliders.
    PRactising DOF at the moment, not worth showing. Did't even know I could do that.
    Only really been at it since I got the proper hardware ( So 2 to 3 months now)
    Love the software, but same as any computer related things, One must take time to get how it is done, and then practise practise practise

gaver
    Participant

@enjoyify

Did some google stuff.
    Figured some of the pointers out.
    Tried, as you say, to use dForce, but after 3 hours I gave up.
    Can't do it all at once I guess.
    Anyway, got wiser again...

link

I still have to play around with settings, but at least I know where the sliders are and what they do at this point 🙂

Kefka
    Participant

The bloom is 😘. The DOF is 🤮. Needs more DOF. I won't ask you to redo it though. I used auto DOF and came up with this:

You at least tried the advice, I thank you.

- Take care

gaver
    Participant

I got the general idea how thing work, now it is just fiddling around with it.

Thnx again for the tips
    Question...Auto DOF
    On a picture..in DAZ Studio..?
    How what where 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like