This n That

Home Page Forums Art Showcase This n That

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    La_Pucelle
    Participant

So, I am a noob here. This month is the first year anniversary of my using Daz. So I am noob there too, haha. I thought something fun to do would be to use something in a render that I got from here today. I chose "The Laundromat" here - https://zonegfx.com/the-laundromat-34681/

Yes, I can here you now - such a sexy item to use as my first render here! Well, I have never done a render that I wanted the finished product to be black and white. I am pretty meh about this, my first render here... but on the upside I have nowhere to go but up! 🙂

Hmmm... if you right click and 'view image' it looks more like the original. For some reason it is much darker than the original.

If you want to see what I can do, check out my Deviant Gallery.

Murder at the Rue Laudorama

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

@lapucelle hahahaha that is awesome

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

Yeah, the post always seems darker with the bright ass background of the site, would be nice if we could choose a dark theme.

Tucker
    Participant

@aftyrbyrn

I hunt down 'dark theme' everything. You might be interested in the add-on for Firefox called "Dark Background and Light Text". It works very well (on most sites), it can be customized (or disabled) for different individual sites with ease too. Also there is another Firefox add-on called "Dark Theme for Google".

I just installed an "Insiders Preview" version of Windows 10 because it has a dark theme for File Explorer. It is said that the Fall update will include the dark explorer theme, finally.

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

@tucker, got the add on. love it. Thanks!

La_Pucelle
    Participant

Thanks @Aftyr Byrn for reminding me - and thanks @tucker for the suggestion! I was going to get the add-on last night and forgot. I am likin it! (tho at first I went for 'inverse' - lol that did a number on pictures haha!)

Tucker
    Participant

@aftyrbyrn and @lapucelle You are both very welcome. This is the best 'dark theme' for internet browsing I've found. I do suggest changing the default black background to a dark grey, and the white text to a light grey (easily done in the add-ons options). The add on does sometimes cause minor issues with some sites. For example the bar graph on userbenchmark.com when comparing CPUs etc is invisible is some modes. @lapucelle, the invert mode is what many "dark" theme modes do. It can be useful, but as you discovered, not good on an image important site. 🙂

@lapucelle
    BTW I like your render. One should always remove high heels before going into the wash. High heels wreak havoc on the washer in the spin cycle. <_<

Bot101
    Participant

I'm totally embarrassed as I've been fiddling with Daz for more than a year and am no where near the skill level you're at. NICE and I LOVE B & W.

La_Pucelle
    Participant

Thank you all... but it will get better I promise!

Arthur G, I had many years in photography and sculpture, so Daz was just the next step. There's so much to learn and the process / journey is so fun!

La_Pucelle
    Participant

The Fall of Athens

La_Pucelle
    Participant

Zelara v Zunie

La_Pucelle
    Participant

SUNDAY BRUNCH

The girls decided it would be fun to start their day of shopping with a nice Sunday Brunch.

La_Pucelle
    Participant

MODELS

Watch out Fashionistas! There's new models in town!

La_Pucelle
    Participant

Wow, it's been 2 weeks since I made a render!
    Ascension of King Darius

La_Pucelle
    Participant

I made a poster in a contest commemorating National Suicide Prevention month. Here are 2 of my favorite parts of that piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like