There's got to be a better way

Home Page Forums General Chat There's got to be a better way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Joe Kerr
    Participant

I noticed a relatively recent upload had a modified .png file inside of the DIM, with the ZoneGFX logo pasted on the graphic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I assume this was done to track where our uploads end up, but it makes me a little uncomfortable when files inside a DIM are edited like this. Is this the best way to track them?

eelgoo

Not really IMO

I just found one today that had both ZoneGFX & 3dStuff.ru modified pngs.

TBH I find it a royal pain!

If I were coming to it fresh, I would avoid downloading any items that were likely to contain them.

🙁

eelgoo

Oh & for the record, that is NOT because I wish to upload elsewhere, it is because I like to keep pngs clear as what they are supposed to be representing.

This is the only place I upload to.

🙂

Joe Kerr
    Participant

I guess if it was an added file outside the DIM, that didn't get installed into the Daz directory, I wouldn't mind it as much. But then that would be easy for others to remove and upload elsewhere.

eelgoo

That is going to happen anyway.
    It is kind of how the sharing works.

The only time I object is when people other than the creators are making pots of money from it.

ADAM
    Participant

I like it since id advertises this site. Id be willing to bet most if not all share sites get 80%+ of their content hete. If a built in ad helps this place grow then why not?

PhantomF4
    Participant

How big does it get before DAZ works to get it shut down, though?

The King
    Participant

The ones I hate are when it shows up in the smart content inside Daz. I have like 3 or 4 files that have a zonegfx logo.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I don't think the content zips should be modified at all unless it's improving the product. I can understand bundling the product up with preview images and maybe watermarking them but when you mess with the content it's just annoying. People are going to share to other sites, I don't really care where I get the content from but I do prefer certain sites.

I've had files from here that if you look in the zips have "readmes" and ".url" files that point to other sites. It just means that I have to sanitise the files when I get them, which get's old fast.

coolcat
    Participant

I think I have one or two logos that show up write now so every once in a while i get ride of stuff like that I already no I can "visit your store"

eelgoo

Yeah, there are some vendors do that with their own products.

TBH I find it really irritating & always take them out before I install.

If I want to buy a product from them, I know where they sell.

:0/

Cassandre
    Participant

Not a big fan either. The watermark is huge and invasive, imo.

Sunny
    Participant

Its a bit like mummy tagging your clothes for school so no one can steal them and yet we are supposedly adults at a pirate site

Ethiopia
    Participant

Daz (or the other content sites) have never shown the slightest interest in going after any sharing site or torrent provider. Renderotica used to send out takedowns to the torrent sites quickly when their stuff showed up, but they've also given up. Back when I became a content artist, I screamed bloody murder at Render-mother fucking-osity about their lack of action. They said that they take piracy very seriously but when I showed them the hundreds of torrents in KAT, TPB, and numerous other sites and asked what the god-fuck they where doing about all those links, they said nothing. I DEMANDED they issue take downs!....they still did nothing. I finally made a HUGE stink in the forums and got banned as a reward. I took my one and only item off their store, told them to fuck the hell off and joined the dark side (KAT forums). Being a pirate has been a much more rewarding experience than being a member of Render-fuck you all to hell-osity's content artists.

Why doesn't somebody stop me when I get into these tirades?

nobdy
    Participant

@not-hunter What are we suppose to do? Tackle you!? =D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like