Suggestions Box

Home Page Forums ZoneGFX Announcements Suggestions Box

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    coolcat
    Participant

Should make it possible to amend our request topic. like right now I have one that says tattoo g3f 500 points I would like to change it because its been filled and I am offering more points for other things under that heading. then I could and should just put all my requests under that one request list. thanks 🙂

The King
    Participant

Can we get a tutorials forum for sharing tutorials that are made by members and/or found other places?

Would be nice to have one place to find tutorials instead of having to use a few dozen sites.

Tho, We would need some type of tagging for which programs the tutorials are for. [photoshop] Name of tutorial [Daz Studio] Name of tutorial etc...

Tomsk
    Participant

@Kooroe we do have some groups that can cover this sort of thing under the Community tab at the top 🙂

The King
    Participant

The Groups are not laid out is a way that is conducive to the looking thought. IE the group format stinks.

Tomsk
    Participant

Then this is something that you need to address with Hunter.

SparklePants
    Participant

I'm here to back what @coolcat suggested for Requests. I'm wondering if @Hunter would allow us to edit our posts, or at the very least--consider some sort of icon system? For instance: if you don't want people editing the post, have some way for the original author to choose a CHECK mark icon to appear by the topic to indicate it's filled?

Or maybe just an Asterisk? I am not familiar enough with wordpress' php and code back end, but I do know that some forums have add-ons that can mark topics "solved", and am wondering if there's something similar out there for WP.

EDIT: Do we use buddy-bb press for the forums? Because something like:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddy-bbpress-support-topic/ might work for marking Requests filled.

@hunter

The King
    Participant

There should be a penalty for sharing to the blog post free items. This is a deceit practice used to cheat others out of points and needs to stop.

ps, I have seen at least 5 items post in the last day and a half that are free items.

Tomsk
    Participant

@kooroe This is being looked into.

paulk
    Participant

@Hunter

First: GREAT SITE.

Improve search function. Add advanced search allowing boolean as is available in Google. Should be several free or almost-free search plugins available. I believe this site runs on WordPress.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-everything/

There is an active thread on the subject here.
    https://zonegfx.com/forums/topic/better-search-function/

Would be helpful to limit search to specific asset catagories when done from that blog page. In cloting don't search props for instance. At the top of blog search eveything.

Could also help to separate props from environments as that is a HUGE catagory and produces many false positives on search.

Hunter
    Keymaster

Okee @pauls3d2 i will look into it ... already lot of plugin are running .. and each plugin put extra load... and i hope you know search put lot of load on the server ...
    Have to test that 1st.

paulk
    Participant

Thanks. While a plug in can use some minimal disk space, a search plugin (which would replace the one there now anyway ) only uses (CPU/RAM) resources as a search is conducted, not while idle. You can also try using Google configured to search ONLY your site and no outside URL's for result. No load on your end other than the Google querie that will take place. I guess its a trade off to serve data out to Google vs. searching local content.

Been doing web design and hosting for 23 years now !

SparklePants
    Participant

@hunter

Is there anyway we can clean up our favorite's list OTHER than opening every page and clicking the favorite button? :/ I would love to clean up my favorites page (and I assume take a load of the website) because as it stands, my favorite's list is HUGEEEE. Anyway to have a multiple-select delete for it?

Hunter
    Keymaster

@littlesparrows current option is you go to that post and click fav button again to remove it from list 🙁
    Let me see if there is a way to add that in the fav page ... so that you guys can remove easily
    but it will be better if you use bookmark lol easy to keep track

SparklePants
    Participant

@littlesparrows current option is you go to that post and click fav button again to remove it from list 🙁
    Let me see if there is a way to add that in the fav page … so that you guys can remove easily
    but it will be better if you use bookmark lol easy to keep track

@hunter
    Oh, I LOVE being able to bookmark/favorite what I like, but it's getting to be ridiculously long, and I'm wondering how very long/big favorites list is affecting the site? Plus, things I have already downloaded I would like to remove in an easier manner xD

Thanks for looking into it!

paulk
    Participant

I keep a text file on my computer in same folder where I download assets. I put my url to content there then if/when I download I just mark it with * to let me know I have it already. That way I kinda have a list of what I have, what I might want and what I already downloaded so I don't download again.

Only software required is your text editor. !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • The forum ‘ZoneGFX Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post You Might Like